Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi 860 Rediculous price

Aged-one
Aspirant

Orbi 860 Rediculous price

Hi,

I do have poor wifi  signal from my router in my study/games room  into my kitchen (Smart TV) so I'm unable to use the internet on the tv.

I looked at what was available from Netgear by answering  some questions and up popped a recommendation for the Orbi860 system. however at £1000+ No Way. !!

I will look elsewhere.

Message 1 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi 860 Rediculous price

So try a 7 series? 

Or maybe a MK90 series MESH system? 

Message 2 of 10
Aged-one
Aspirant

Hi FURRYe38,

Thanks for the response and recommendations. I will look again.

It was the Orbi860 that was recommended but unrealistic price, I probably need a wifi extender to reach the kitchen in my small/medium sized house ? I'm unsure if your recommendations are for extenders or a completely new router? I will look again. Virgin currently supply my router.

my wifi is Virgin 500gb speed. 

Message 3 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Well recommendations are just recommendations. I know cost is different between your region an USA. 

For what you have and do, you don't need the 10Gb WAN port which I don't fully understand why NG came out with that and not have higher speed ports on the LAN port site. There still max at 1Gb. So for the ISP speed you have, the 860 would not make sense. I would not recommend it. The 750 series or MK series would make much better sense. 

What is the size of the home if I might ask? Sq feet please.

Message 4 of 10
Aged-one
Aspirant

Hi FURRYe38,

Thanks for that info. let me get back to you on my house size in sq feet . I need to find that out, but as a guide its a 3 bedroom 2 storey detached house. I  need to find out the measurements though.

Message 5 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Sounds good.

What is building material as well. Hopefully not concrete and brick. 🙄

Message 6 of 10
Aged-one
Aspirant

No it's a timber framed house with brick outer walls. not sure how to get the sq ft measurements as we have had the house extended downstairs since moving in. (1983) and the original plans won't help much.

Message 7 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 8 of 10
Aged-one
Aspirant

Thanks for the help/info. I have not yet had time to measure my house rooms but will do so soon.

Message 9 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

👌

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements