Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi 960 Can someone give me a step by step on what to do to accomplish this

RajjyP
Aspirant

Orbi 960 Can someone give me a step by step on what to do to accomplish this

Can someone give me a step by step on what to do to accomplish this?

Message 1 of 4
Mikey94025
Hero

Re: Orbi 960 Can someone give me a step by step on what to do to accomplish this

What the OP describes is not normal behavior for the Orbi.  Power cycling the Orbi router and/or satellites should still result in a working system.  My Orbi 9-series has never behaved as described and I do not need to re-sync my satellites after a power interruption.

If the problem is that the satellites cannot get a DHCP address after power interruption then we can start by investigating DHCP settings, reserved addresses for the satellites, etc.  Is the Orbi in router mode or in AP mode (the Ziply modem may be a router too: https://ziplyfiber.com/wifi-6).  If the Orbi is in router mode and the Ziply is also routing, then try removing Double NAT first.

Message 2 of 4
RajjyP
Aspirant

Re: Orbi 960 Can someone give me a step by step on what to do to accomplish this

So I have an ATT fiber modem/router but the routing is turned off so the only thing connected to it is my orbi system. Do I still need to have the orbi in access point mode? It worked fine initially without me doing that.

Message 3 of 4
Mikey94025
Hero

@RajjyP wrote:

Can someone give me a step by step on what to do to accomplish this?

Your post was moved from a different thread.  What are you trying to do?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series