Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi 960 print errors to legacy network printer on 2.4 IOT SSID when PC connected to wifi 5ghz S

linkysys
Guide

Orbi 960 print errors to legacy network printer on 2.4 IOT SSID when PC connected to wifi 5ghz SSID.

I installed my network laser printer (Brother HL-L2350DW) using the SSID for IOT devices (2.5ghz legacy) on my Orbi RBKE963 mesh network. I have assigned it a static IP/DHCP reservation in the Orbi setup. I can see the printer is connected via the Orbi admin tool. I get print errors when attempting to print if my PC is connected to the non-IOT SSID on the same router. This should not be the case as they share the same DHCP server. If I want to print, I have to connect my PC to the slower IOT SSID. If I reinstall the printer from scratch in Windows 11 using the assigned IP address, it will work immediately but not after the printer goes into sleep mode. Even when I hit the power button to wake up the printer, I am unable to print to it without errors unless I manually connect my PC to the IOT SSID. Time to buy a new printer?

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi 960 print errors to legacy network printer on 2.4 IOT SSID when PC connected to wifi 5ghz S

Connect the printer to the main WLAN SSID instead of the IOT network. Printers are not really IoT devices. The main WLAN SSID supports 2.4Ghz devices as well. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7