Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi 960 print errors to legacy network printer on 2.4 IOT SSID when PC connected to wifi 5ghz SSID.

linkysys
Guide

Orbi 960 print errors to legacy network printer on 2.4 IOT SSID when PC connected to wifi 5ghz SSID.

I installed my network laser printer (Brother HL-L2350DW) using the SSID for IOT devices (2.5ghz legacy) on my Orbi RBKE963 mesh network. I have assigned it a static IP/DHCP reservation in the Orbi setup. I can see the printer is connected via the Orbi admin tool. I get print errors when attempting to print if my PC is connected to the non-IOT SSID on the same router. This should not be the case as they share the same DHCP server. If I want to print, I have to connect my PC to the slower IOT SSID. If I reinstall the printer from scratch in Windows 11 using the assigned IP address, it will work immediately but not after the printer goes into sleep mode. Even when I hit the power button to wake up the printer, I am unable to print to it without errors unless I manually connect my PC to the IOT SSID. Time to buy a new printer?

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi 960 print errors to legacy network printer on 2.4 IOT SSID when PC connected to wifi 5ghz S

Connect the printer to the main WLAN SSID instead of the IOT network. Printers are not really IoT devices. The main WLAN SSID supports 2.4Ghz devices as well. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7