Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi AX1800 Setup

Gazza14
Aspirant

Orbi AX1800 Setup

Trying to install/setup Router RBR350 and 1 Satellite RBS350.  Can get the wife network established, but the router is not connecting to the internet.  Followed all the guidance about turning off the modem (we are on a fibre connection), disconnecting router, turning modem back on, then reconnecting router and turning it on.  Same result each time: router sits with steady white light on, which according to the guide means that the router is booting or someone has pressed Sync button. Will stay like that for ages.  Going through the Orbi App the setup installation says that the router does not have connection to the internet.

However, when I reconnect the router with the old RBR20 I am replacing, following the same procedure as above, everything comes up fine and I have full connection to the wifi and internet.

Either I am doing something wrong or there's a glitch with the system, but I cannot sort our what it is. 

Message 1 of 7
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi AX1800 Setup

New customers get 90 days of "complimentary support" when they can contact Netgear support directly.  (Those of us who came to the forum because our 90 days expired years ago are a bit jealous.)

What this sounds like is (a) the previous system required a login which was set up so long ago that it is only a dim memory. or (b) the new system is defective.

When the old system is working, what appears on the "Internet" page of the Orbi web browser administration?

Message 2 of 7
Gazza14
Aspirant

Thanks for your response.  

Yes, any login/password are only (very) dim memories.  As I have never had the need to get into the Orbi web browser administration for my old system, not sure how to do that.

Additionally, cannot recall one of the answers to the security questions to enable me to recover the router password.

Message 3 of 7
plemans
Guru

What modem/gateway are you connecting it to? 

Message 4 of 7
Gazza14
Aspirant

The problem has been solved.  It was a setting required by Spark, my ISP here in New Zealand, for non-Spark modems under what they call VID (or VLAN).  This was not readily identifiable (at least to me) in the configuration settings for Internet in the Orbi configuration page, which I accessed through orbilogin.com.  Local computer company managed to spot the requirement and adjusted it through the Advanced setting menu.  Got home, hooked the Orbi up and it all worked fine. So all good now.  

Thanks for your response and comment. 

Message 5 of 7
Gazza14
Aspirant

I've also updated my Security Questions, by the way, to ones that I can remember the answers to.  🙂

We are on fibre connection, so my setup is connecting the Orbi direct to the ONT box provided by Chorus - the fibre network provider in New Zealand.  

Been a good learning experience for me.

Message 6 of 7
Gazza14
Aspirant

Thanks for your response.  See my two later posts.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7