Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi AX4200 Tri-Band Mesh WiFi 6 System compatible with which Netgear Outdoor extender?

SueBray
Aspirant

Orbi AX4200 Tri-Band Mesh WiFi 6 System compatible with which Netgear Outdoor extender?

We have a home that has the Orbi AX4200 Tri-Band Mesh WiFi 6 System installed. We need an outdoor wireless extender that can work with that system. And, we cannot run any cabling, except to plug in the power for the outdoor device. What extender would be compatible with the Orbi AX4200 Tri-Band Mesh WiFi 6 System? On an older Orbi system we used the AC3000 Mesh WiFi Range Extender (RBS50Y) and it worked great. Now that we've upgraded we're unsure of what to use. TIA -- Sue

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi AX4200 Tri-Band Mesh WiFi 6 System compatible with which Netgear Outdoor extender?

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi AX4200 Tri-Band Mesh WiFi 6 System compatible with which Netgear Outdoor extender?

If you can get the extender mode FW loaded on the RBS50Y, it could work with the Orbi AX system. Otherwise, there isn't any new AX NG out door extenders available. Might check out some 3rd party Mfrs to see if they have any outdoor rated extenders.

Message 2 of 6
SueBray
Aspirant

Thank you for your reply. What is "extender mode FW loaded" that you refer to? 

Thanks, Sue

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

If you have the v2 model of the RBS50Y:

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/rbs50yv2#download

Message 4 of 6
SueBray
Aspirant

Gotcha. Thanks. I'll check on the version and see if I can get the firmware updated. 

I appreciate your assistance. 

-- Sue

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

👍

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7