Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi AX4200 registered to wrong email

tdvx2
Aspirant

Orbi AX4200 registered to wrong email

I have owned an Orbi AX4200 system for a year or two and really like it. It is registered to my email account, obviously.

I like it so much that this week I helped an older relative buy and install one. I'm more technically minded so we used my app to set it up. I logged out of the app and created a new Netgear account with their email, and then we set it up.

Strangely the system sent out 2 registration confirmations: one to my account and one to theirs.  It wasn't clear which one was accurate. The app was clearly logged into their email when we were setting up the routers.

But then, in the process of paying for the Armor subscription and trying to activate it, we realized the device was ACTUALLY registered to me, not them.  After trying to register it to them, the website told me to email Customer.service@netgear.com with my issue. I sent them an email 2 days ago and have not even had the courtesy of an autoresponse.

So, today, I logged into my account and unregistered the device. Then we logged into their account and registered it to them.  Now the device appears as registered to them on the main netgear.com site, but does NOT appear on the armor.netgear.com site under Routers or Devices. Furthermore, the support options are all listed as "expired" even though it is brand new.

Honestly, I have used NETGEAR networking products for decades — probably 20+ years since they were a division of Nortel.  But I'm really irritated at this registering/support/subscription nonsense, needing an app instead of web-based UI for key features, and ZERO response to a customer service email that was provided by their own website... this is maddening.

ANYWAY.  Does anyone have advice on how to trick armor.netgear.com into recognizing the router that appears registered to the account on netgear.com??  And is it possible to reset the support options for this brand-new router? 

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi AX4200 registered to wrong email

Message 2 of 6
tdvx2
Aspirant

Thank you for that link.  I managed to find that link myself, just before you posted it, and successfully de-registered and re-registered it. 

However, it nullifies the warranty.  I want the warranty reset.  The NETGEAR app messed up and sent 2 registration confirmations before ultimately registering it to the wrong account, which is ridiculous.

Furthermore, armor.netgear.com does not show any devices, even though my.netgear.com does, so I cannot activate the Armor service already paid for.

Customer Service finally responded to me after I posted here so perhaps they can work something out.

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

👍

Message 4 of 6
tdvx2
Aspirant

Well, I spoke too soon.

NETGEAR support responded only to say that they noticed I had already re-registered the router in my.netgear.com.  They completely ignored my other questions about restarting support and about how armor.netgear.com still sees the router as registered to the first incorrect account.

I have followed up with them a couple of times now, and ZERO RESPONSE.

I'm beginning to believe NETGEAR support has become complete trash, or at the very least is the slowest in the industry. It's been well over a week and absolutely no attempt at addressing my concerns.  

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Will pass this on to NG moderators and see if we can get you some help. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7