Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi CBR750 and Video Bell - Dropped Internet Connection

EenzameFietser
Aspirant

Orbi CBR750 and Video Bell - Dropped Internet Connection

My Orbi CBR750 (firmware V3.2.18.2_1.4.14) works really well and in general I am very happy with it. I live in So California. I also have a Video Doorbell which at midday is in full sun for a couple hours. When I have streaming enabled at this video doorbell (which I am also very happy with, BTW) and it is a sunny day, between 1 and 2 pm, my Orbi sometimes loses its Internet connection (even though all 4 LEDs are solid white indicating that everything is functioning normally). When I reset the Orbi, either by power cycling it or reboot with the app), the Internet works fine again. Sometimes 30 minutes later the problem happens again. When I disable streaming at the video doorbell, the problem does not occur. The problem also does not occur when there is no sun directly shining on the video doorbell.

Apparently the video doorbell, wihen it uses the Wifi constantly AND it is very hot, is able to somehow disrupt the Internet connection of the Orbi CBR750. The video doorbell, however, continues to work fine (its video feed shows just fine in my Mac Home app). Is there anything that could be done to resolve or avoid this problem (other than disable streaming at the video doorbell)?

Thanks so much

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi CBR750 and Video Bell - Dropped Internet Connection

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

So do you loose internet services for other devices when this happens or only this one particular devices? 

Is there something you can put in place to shade or cover the door bell from the sun during this time frame to see if this helps elliviate the sun being on the Door bell during this time frame? 

Do you have an RBS as well? 

Please post a copy and paste of the modems connection status page.
Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. Be sure the ISP provisions the modem correctly.
Be sure there are no coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. 
Be sure to power OFF the modem for 1 minute then back ON.
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/General-info-and-Troubleshooting-for-Cable-Mod...

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7