Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi CBR750 won't sync with network after ISP activation

Grdlock
Follower

Orbi CBR750 won't sync with network after ISP activation

So I bought the Orbi WiFi 6 DOCSIS 3.1 Mesh WiFi system AX4200 CBR750, I got it all plugged in and setup through the orbi application. I called my ISP to activate it, after I gave them all the information and it was activated,the lights on my modem were Power(Solid white), Upstream(Solid White), and downstream (Solid White), but the Globe Icon was flashing white. I gave it about an hour after activation to see if it just needed time to sync but the globe icon just kept flashing white. I called my ISP and Netgear support but they didn't have any solutions. My ISP is Cox and I have the Gigablast plan. After talking with support we came to the conclusion the Modem might be bad, so I took it back to the store and exchanged it for the same model. Went through the same process as before and it resulted in the same. I know the cable line is good because just before I activated it, my rental ISP modem was hooked up to the same cable line and it was working fine. So does anyone know any advanced settings I might need to edit in the admin page

Current firmware version in the Modem is V3.2.16.18_1.4.18

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi CBR750 won't sync with network after ISP activation

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi AX With Cable Modem products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi with cable modem and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-with-Built-in-Cable-Modem/bd-p/en-home-orbi-cable

Thank you.

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi CBR750 won't sync with network after ISP activation

What does the user manual say about the flashig LED? 

Please post a copy and paste of the modems connection status page.
Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. Be sure the ISP provisions the modem correctly.
Be sure there are no coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. 
Be sure to power OFF the modem for 1 minute them back ON.
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/General-info-and-Troubleshooting-for-Cable-Mod...

@Grdlock wrote:

So I bought the Orbi WiFi 6 DOCSIS 3.1 Mesh WiFi system AX4200 CBR750, I got it all plugged in and setup through the orbi application. I called my ISP to activate it, after I gave them all the information and it was activated,the lights on my modem were Power(Solid white), Upstream(Solid White), and downstream (Solid White), but the Globe Icon was flashing white. I gave it about an hour after activation to see if it just needed time to sync but the globe icon just kept flashing white. I called my ISP and Netgear support but they didn't have any solutions. My ISP is Cox and I have the Gigablast plan. After talking with support we came to the conclusion the Modem might be bad, so I took it back to the store and exchanged it for the same model. Went through the same process as before and it resulted in the same. I know the cable line is good because just before I activated it, my rental ISP modem was hooked up to the same cable line and it was working fine. So does anyone know any advanced settings I might need to edit in the admin page

Current firmware version in the Modem is V3.2.16.18_1.4.18

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7