Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBK752 AX4200 disconnects from internet

maxpatlick
Aspirant

Orbi RBK752 AX4200 disconnects from internet

I bought this about a month ago, and for the whole month it was flawless. Return window closed on the 22nd, now suddenly today it's been super unreliable. It started at around 11am, i lost internet. I was still connected to the network, and I could access the router configuration page, but it wouldn't connect to the internet. i restarted the modem and router and it worked for about 10-15 minutes, then died again. this repeated a few more times before i gave up and had to move to my in-laws house to finish out my day working from home.

When I got home, I tried a different cable between the modem and router, but that didn't help. I manually updated the firmware from V3.2.15.25 to V3.2.15.32. on just the router. The internet worked for about half an hour before it died again. I unplugged the router and plugged a computer directly into the modem, and after restarting the modem a few times, I was able to get onto the internet so i think maybe the modem is okay, but at this point it's kind of hard to rule anything out.

I switched to a whole different wireless router (my old linksys EA7500 that I replaced with the Orbi because it couldn't handle the number of wireless devices in my house) and it did the same thing, worked for about 10-20 minutes before losing internet, even though the LAN/wifi was still operational.

Kinda at a loss here. Spectrum (los angeles area) says everything looks good from their end. I find it kind of hard to believe that two separate wireless routers would have such similar behavior, but when I plugged directly into the modem, I was able to get online even though I didn't leave it connected that way for very long.

I just updated the firmware on the satellite to V3.2.15.32 and it's been working long enough for me to type up this comment, but I'm certain it's going to die again at any moment.

help?

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
maxpatlick
Aspirant

Re: Orbi RBK752 AX4200 disconnects from internet

modem is a spectrum docsis 3.0 with VoIP. the satellite is close enough, connectivity between the satellite and router is not an issue. Like I said, the whole local network is fine, the issue is WAN.

since I updated the firmware on the satellite, the connection has been stable. that doesn't sound like it makes any sense to me either, but I'll take it. If it happens again, a factory reset will be the next step I try though, thanks.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Factory reset the RBR and RBS and setup from scratch. Press the back reset button for 15 seconds then release. 

Message 2 of 4
maxpatlick
Aspirant

modem is a spectrum docsis 3.0 with VoIP. the satellite is close enough, connectivity between the satellite and router is not an issue. Like I said, the whole local network is fine, the issue is WAN.

since I updated the firmware on the satellite, the connection has been stable. that doesn't sound like it makes any sense to me either, but I'll take it. If it happens again, a factory reset will be the next step I try though, thanks.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements