Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBK852 4.6.3.16 broken (Solved)

frde
Aspirant

Rif.: Orbi RBK852 4.6.3.16 broken (Solved)

During past months I try everything I can find on internet to solve the problem but without success.. unfortunately this is another attempt to add to the failed ones because following these steps and using firmware V4.6.5.14_2.0.54T4 the problem remains the same.

WiFi network comes and goes and the satellite go Out of sync and it comes back okay about every 30 seconds.

This appens only with AP mode.

Any suggestions? Other firmware to try?

I can solve this problem only with a downgrade to V3.2.18.1_1.4.14 but this can't be a solution, this is only a temporary workaround to not remain without wifi 😞

(RBR850 + RBS850)

Message 26 of 58
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 27 of 58
ahswp
Apprentice

IS THERE A VERSION FOR 750?

Message 28 of 58
FURRYe38
Guru

No. Nobody has posted anything regarding the 7 series. 

@ahswp wrote:

Message 29 of 58
FURRYe38
Guru

Actually I take that back, if you contact NG support, they may give you something:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WiFi-6-AX-and-WiFi-6E-AXE/RBK750-Beta-Firmware-4-6-6-11/m-p/21...

@ahswp wrote:

Message 30 of 58
NGSvensk
Apprentice

One problem came up-- we have a ATA that I had set up through the Orbi. =>Modem -Orbi-ATA.

Since the latest firmsware we had internet connection to the ATA but it could not register.  Put the ATA IP address on DMZ as a test and still it could not register.   Opened IP Phone port- still it could not register.

Now I am going Modem -ATA - Orbi and all is good.  

Not sure why ATA could not register through this latest firmware.

Message 31 of 58
duomono
Star

Hi there

I'm still on v4.6.3.16_2.0.51

Should I upgrade now?

Message 32 of 58
FURRYe38
Guru

Try this version listed in this thread, MIne was online for a full 12 days with out issues or try this newer version:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WiFi-6-AX-and-WiFi-6E-AXE/RBK-8-Series-Only-Unofficial-v4-6-6-...

@duomono wrote:

Hi there

Should I upgrade now?

Message 33 of 58
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

@NGSvensk wrote:

One problem came up-- we have a ATA that I had set up through the Orbi. =>Modem -Orbi-ATA.

Since the latest firmsware we had internet connection to the ATA but it could not register.  Put the ATA IP address on DMZ as a test and still it could not register.   Opened IP Phone port- still it could not register.

Now I am going Modem -ATA - Orbi and all is good.  

Not sure why ATA could not register through this latest firmware.

Message 34 of 58
NGSvensk
Apprentice

I have a Hitron 32x8, however I finally had he time to do a factory reset and set up the router and the satelite.  Kind of weird but the ATA works again plugged in direct to the router Modem -Orbi-ATA.

I know it has been said before,,, factory reset does correct some issues..moving forward I will do a factory reset after firmware updates

Message 35 of 58
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System

@NGSvensk wrote:

I have a Hitron 32x8, however I finally had he time to do a factory reset and set up the router and the satelite.  Kind of weird but the ATA works again plugged in direct to the router Modem -Orbi-ATA.

I know it has been said before,,, factory reset does correct some issues..moving forward I will do a factory reset after firmware updates

Message 36 of 58
NGSvensk
Apprentice

Factory reset done this weekend.   It fixed the connection to the ATA and the 5Ghz I was having.  Moving forward I will be doing factory resets after a firmware update.

Message 37 of 58
FURRYe38
Guru

Normally you shouldn't have to do a reset after a FW update. 

Normally I load FW on the RBS first, then RBR lastly. Wait for all to be back at ready.

Power OFF the ISP Modem, RBR and RBS for 1 minute or more, then back ON with the modem then RBR and wait for ready, then RBS.

All devices should re-connect. 

Should be the process. Though a reset maybe needed if problems are found after a FW update. 

Message 38 of 58
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 39 of 58
FURRYe38
Guru

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WiFi-6-AX-and-WiFi-6E-AXE/New-RBR850-RBS850-Firmware-Version-v...

@duomono wrote:

Hi there

Should I upgrade now?

Message 40 of 58
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 41 of 58
LucGov
Star

Hi,

Can you share this update with us ?  V4.5.6.14 isn't working. After 3 days the WIFI drop outs are starting again.

Message 42 of 58
duomono
Star

Thank you. Mine has been working well with no issues since we updated for over a week now.
Message 43 of 58
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

Be sure to factory reset the RBR and RBS and setup from scratch after you applied the FW and notice problems still. 

I ran this version on my 8 series back then for 12 days and saw zero problems. 

Now on this and running for 10 days now:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WiFi-6-AX-and-WiFi-6E-AXE/New-RBR850-RBS850-Firmware-Version-v...

@LucGov wrote:

Hi,

Can you share this update with us ?  V4.5.6.14 isn't working. After 3 days the WIFI drop outs are starting again.

Message 44 of 58
LucGov
Star

Hi,

ORBI 853

Used to work fine before the firmware updat from Netgear.

Now same troubles here as many, many disconnects from Sattelite Wifi couple time a day.

I installed 2 days ago V4.6.7.5.

Did a factory rest before firmware upgrade en reboot after update. Backup configuration file.

RBR and the 2 RBS on the same V4.6.7.5. level.

But no change, many WIFI disconnects for a few seconds at the time.

Also today a total dropout, fixed devices and WIFI together.

Satelites are wired to the RBR router.

Does anybody has a solution or lookout of a Netgear fix ?

I am a desperate customer

Message 45 of 58
FURRYe38
Guru

@LucGov wrote:

Hi,

ORBI 853

Now same troubles here as many, many disconnects from Sattelite Wifi couple time a day.

Did a factory rest before firmware upgrade en reboot after update. Backup configuration file. Did you make a new Back up Configuration file after the reset or did you apply a previous back up file after the reset was performed. 

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite 📡

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and router been performed since last update?
Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:
Turn off and unplug modem.
Turn off router and computers.
Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on computers and rest of network.

Message 46 of 58
LucGov
Star

Hi,

Working now on the non-official beta V4.6.7.5.

See below, no change. Constant WIFI drops. All worked until the latest official firmware update.

Is there a new update (beta) available ? And when to expect the official Netgear fix / update ?

Kind regards,

Luc

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ORBI 853

Did a factory rest before firmware upgrade en reboot after update. Backup configuration file. Did you make a new Back up Configuration file after the reset or did you apply a previous back up file after the reset was performed. I did not restore the backup file, started greenfield.

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft? Not relevant, I worked fine before the firmware update forom Netgear.
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.  About 45 feet
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite 📡

done all this 20 times

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and router been performed since last update?
Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:
Turn off and unplug modem.
Turn off router and computers.
Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on computers and rest of network.

Message 47 of 58
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft? Is relevant to troubleshooting. 

How many RBS do you have online?  2?

Are the RBS directly wired to the back of the RBR or is there a LAN switch or LAN patch panel in between the RBR and RBS? 

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? A complete pull of the power adapters for a period of time after the factory reset then walk thru the setup wizard and setup from scratch.
I would power OFF the ISP modem for 1 minute. Factory reset the Orbi router and power it off. Power ON the ISP modem and let it sync. Then power ON the Orbi router and walk thru the setup wizard again using a wired PC and a web browser.
Press the back reset button for 15 seconds then release. 

NG doesn't post when new FW is forth coming. 

@LucGov wrote:

Hi,

Working now on the non-official beta V4.6.7.5.

See below, no change. Constant WIFI drops. All worked until the latest official firmware update.

Is there a new update (beta) available ? And when to expect the official Netgear fix / update ?

Kind regards,

Luc

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 48 of 58
Eriksen76
Apprentice

I'm thinking about buying the 853 today. Just to sum up which of the versions is preffered.

I see the thread as solved. Is it 4.6.5.14 ?

Thanks

Message 49 of 58
LucGov
Star

Hi,

Not solved with BETA V4.6.7.5_2.1.7.  tried everything. Everything went wrong after a firmware update from Netgear.

I advise you not to buy yet until an official version is released with a problem fix.

Message 50 of 58
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 57 replies
  • 8 kudos
  • 12 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7