Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR350

guyscottsouth
Aspirant

Orbi RBR350

We have a long house and with the router at the front and 3 satellites, the system doesn't seem to be daisy chaining them however, I'm not sure if i've done something wrong in the setup, but they are all connected to the router with progressively weaker signals 

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR350

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

Daisy Chain is automatic on Orbi AX systems. Based on placement to the RBR and RBS out in a line and how they are turned on will determine how they get connected in Daisy Chain layout. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

Daisy Chain is automatic on Orbi AX systems. Based on placement to the RBR and RBS out in a line and how they are turned on will determine how they get connected in Daisy Chain layout. 

Message 2 of 4
guyscottsouth
Aspirant

Thanks, I moved the first satelite slightly further away and it seems to be working much better

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7