Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR750 firmware login issues

wjberey
Aspirant

Orbi RBR750 firmware login issues

Can't login as admin to Orbi RBR 750 router.  If I reboot it I can log in immediately after the reboot but within a short amount of time I cannot get in again (it clocks infinitely).  I'm assuming I need to change a firmware setting to allow me to access the firmware without having to reboot each time.  Appreciate any help.  Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 7
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR750 firmware login issues

There is no setting to allow/disallow admin login to http://orbilogin.net

The user name is always "admin" and the password is whatever password was entered during setup.

Can you post a screen shot of what happens when a login is attempted?

Message 2 of 7
wjberey
Aspirant

Thanks for replying. The browser (whichever I use) just clocks indefinitely. Doesn't even bring up the login. If i reboot the router the browser brings me right to the login and i can get in no problem but this only lasts for a short while before i go back to login again and the browser clocks indefinitely again.
Message 3 of 7
CrimpOn
Guru

@wjberey wrote:
Thanks for replying. The browser (whichever I use) just clocks indefinitely. Doesn't even bring up the login. If i reboot the router the browser brings me right to the login and i can get in no problem but this only lasts for a short while before i go back to login again and the browser clocks indefinitely again.
This took me a while to understand.  Clock means that a circular symbol appears and looks similar to a clock face spinning? And, this is before the authentication box appears? (see attached image)  When I enter "admin" and the admin password, there is a brief period of "clocking" before the Orbi home page appears. But, only a few seconds.
As this appears with more than one browser, have you tried a different device? (doesn't have to be a computer. Even a smartphone browser can bring up the Orbi web page.  (It won't be useable, what with the phone screen being so small, but it should appear.)

Message 4 of 7
wjberey
Aspirant

Yes. Does not work on any device. Maybe I should have said page loads indefinitely without ever bringing up login. Very strange because if i unplug Orbi and then plug it back it to reboot I can get to the login right away from any device or browser.
Message 5 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? A complete pull of the power adapters for a period of time after the factory reset then walk thru the setup wizard and setup from scratch.

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi AX (WiFi 6) products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi AX and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

@wjberey wrote:

Can't login as admin to Orbi RBR 750 router.  If I reboot it I can log in immediately after the reboot but within a short amount of time I cannot get in again (it clocks infinitely).  I'm assuming I need to change a firmware setting to allow me to access the firmware without having to reboot each time.  Appreciate any help.  Thanks in advance.

Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7