Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR750 randomly disconnects/reboots, and loses config settings

quaywe
Tutor

Orbi RBR750 randomly disconnects/reboots, and loses config settings

My RBR750 randomly reboots 1-2 times per day (that I notice).  This has been happening for around 6 months though seems to have gotten worse in the last 3 months. 

When this happens:

• I leave it for a couple of minutes then the WiFi network reappears. I reconnect to the WiFi, but there is no internet. 
  • If I wait another couple of minutes the router will usually reconnect to the internet by itself.  However, sometimes it won't.
  • When it doesn't reconnect automatically I connect to the web admin portal for the router and see the setting enabling VLAN/Bridge Settings (required by my ISP) config has gone.  I re-enable it, save settings, and generally within a couple of minutes it will reconnect.  

There is no real pattern to this other than it seems to happen roughly once mid-morning, and once mid/late-afternoon.

My setup:

Troubleshooting steps taken to date:

• Reboot (obviously)
  • Factory reset, re-import previous router config from file.
  • Factory reset, manually reconfig router settings.
  • Turn off Satellite.
  • Turned off any settings I can such as UPnP, private VPN/DNS (go back to ISP DNS), dyn-DNS, etc.
  • Changed from 100Mbps to 900Mbps fibre (that has worked a couple of times for me in previous houses with ADSL/VDSL). 

I'm not sure what to do next, but this is really driving me nuts as we often work from home. 

Any help welcome, especially from @FURRYe38 

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR750 randomly disconnects/reboots, and loses config settings

Message 2 of 8

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 2 of 8
quaywe
Tutor

Thanks.  I finally figured out how to enable email logs today (app pwd) so will keep an eye on the uptime (and logs) from here.

@FURRYe38 would it help us/you troubleshoot if we enabled debug logs and/or packet capture from the debug page?  Those are pretty verbose so not sure how much is retained, what happens to them when memory full, etc.  But thought I would ask.

Cheers

Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

It's up to you. Were mostly checking to see if email logs help your RBR stave off these mysterious reboots that some of us see...

Message 4 of 8
quaywe
Tutor

Looking good!

System Uptime: 5 days 19:29:04

Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

Message 6 of 8
quaywe
Tutor

System Uptime: 10 days 14:50:04

Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

NICE. 

Message 8 of 8