Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR850 dropping wifi calls

jekyll
Initiate

Orbi RBR850 dropping wifi calls

I have xfinity for service. I have the modem/router in bridge mode. I turn on airplane mode then connect the wifi and when making wifi calls, the call drops after about a minute on average....Netgear "expert" phone support sucks! Totally useless. I was transferred to 3 different people who said they were in the "orbi" dept but were not trained on my particular new model!?!?!?!?! one of the most expensive home mesh systems and this is what they offer to their customers, garbage tech support. I wasted over and hour with these so called experts.   rant over but I do need to fix my network. can anyone recommend another system that actually works? Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR850 dropping wifi calls

Please visit and post about this over inthe Orbi AX forum:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Thank you.

Message 2 of 5
jekyll
Initiate

Tried the link but it takes me to the forums list not an actual post. Thanks again
Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Yep. Please post there. 

Good Luck. 

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

@jekyll wrote:

I have xfinity for service. I have the modem/router in bridge mode. I turn on airplane mode then connect the wifi and when making wifi calls, the call drops after about a minute on average....Netgear "expert" phone support sucks! Totally useless. I was transferred to 3 different people who said they were in the "orbi" dept but were not trained on my particular new model!?!?!?!?! one of the most expensive home mesh systems and this is what they offer to their customers, garbage tech support. I wasted over and hour with these so called experts.   rant over but I do need to fix my network. can anyone recommend another system that actually works? Thanks in advance!

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7