Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR850 suddenly blocks Apple Store

johnsteh
Aspirant

Orbi RBR850 suddenly blocks Apple Store

My Orbi RBR850 worked fine for more than a year, but suddenly, without any changes made, it blocks the Apple Store on my iMac. The website shows: "The page you're looking for can't be found". First I tried more different browsers, but all reacted the same. Then I tried the same on my Windows pc, also the same result. At last  I made an internet connection with my mobile phone as hotspot, not using the Orbi network and everything worked normally.

I made a factory reset on my RBR850 an downloaded the last firmware. Same result. Apple Store is blocked.

What can I do to solve this?

Message 1 of 7
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR850 suddenly blocks Apple Store

Is this the only web site that is blocked?

Is this the URL that does not open?

https://www.apple.com/app-store/ 

Can you attach a screen shot of this error message?

Message 2 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6 is recommended. 

Have you enabled any Access Controls, Armor or Parental Controls on the Orbi system? 

@johnsteh wrote:

My Orbi RBR850 worked fine for more than a year, but suddenly, without any changes made, it blocks the Apple Store on my iMac. The website shows: "The page you're looking for can't be found". First I tried more different browsers, but all reacted the same. Then I tried the same on my Windows pc, also the same result. At last  I made an internet connection with my mobile phone as hotspot, not using the Orbi network and everything worked normally.

I made a factory reset on my RBR850 an downloaded the last firmware. Same result. Apple Store is blocked.

What can I do to solve this?

Message 3 of 7
johnsteh
Aspirant

The Apple store like the url that you showed was the only url that was blocked. But now more url's seem to be blocked.

Firmware is 4.6.9.11_2.3.5

Message 4 of 7
johnsteh
Aspirant

The router is connected to a Genexis Glass Fibre modem. Cannot see the typenumber.

Connection to all my computers is very good and stable, upload and download always around 735 Mbps.

I never had Access Controls, Armor or Parental Controls enabled. The router worked fine until last week. I changed nothing since I installed in in february last year. Suddenly the Apple Store url was blocked en since today more url's are blocked.

Firmware is 4.6.9.11_2.3.5

When I look in "advanced", no sites or services are blocked. It is empty.

Message 5 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Do you know if your Fiber ONT has any form of router and wifi built in?

Most likely if you haven't changed anything on the Orbi system and had been working, probably nothing to do with the Orbi system. 

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and router been performed since last update?
Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:
Turn off and unplug modem.
Turn off router and computers.
Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on computers and rest of network.

Last resort maybe a full on factory reset and setup from scratch...

Message 6 of 7
Mikey94025
Hero

@johnsteh wrote:

The Apple store like the url that you showed was the only url that was blocked. But now more url's seem to be blocked.

The screenshot you attached does not indicate a blocked site, instead you are trying to navigate to an unrecognized Apple store URL.  It doesn't indicate any router or DNS issue if the title is "Page Not Found - Apple" and there are Apple store navigation links displayed at the bottom of the page.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7