Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBRE960 500 Internal Server Error when Applying Changes to Logging Options

MP_OC
Aspirant

Orbi RBRE960 500 Internal Server Error when Applying Changes to Logging Options

I get a 500 internal server error after pressing the Apply button to save chances on the logging admin page. Any ideas what may be causing this and how to fix it?

RBRE960 — Orbi Quad-band Mesh WiFi 6E Router

Firmware Version V6.3.7.10_3.3.3

MP_OC_0-1708006307482.png

⬇️

500 Internal Server Error

I can navigate throughout the basic and advanced features for the router settings without any issues.

#RBRE960

Message 1 of 15

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBRE960 500 Internal Server Error when Applying Changes to Logging Options

What browser are you using? Happens in MS Edge, Firefox or Opera? 

FW is behind. Might update and see if this still happens:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WIFI-6-AX-AND-Wi-Fi-6E-AXE/Procedure-for-Factory-reset-of-RBS8...

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 15

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBRE960 500 Internal Server Error when Applying Changes to Logging Options

What browser are you using? Happens in MS Edge, Firefox or Opera? 

FW is behind. Might update and see if this still happens:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WIFI-6-AX-AND-Wi-Fi-6E-AXE/Procedure-for-Factory-reset-of-RBS8...

Message 2 of 15
owlyn
Apprentice

Try unchecking one box at a time and try to save. Let us know the results.
Message 3 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

@MP_OC wrote:

I get a 500 internal server error after pressing the Apply button to save chances on the logging admin page. Any ideas what may be causing this and how to fix it?

RBRE960 — Orbi Quad-band Mesh WiFi 6E Router

Firmware Version V6.3.7.10_3.3.3

MP_OC_0-1708006307482.png

⬇️

500 Internal Server Error

I can navigate throughout the basic and advanced features for the router settings without any issues.

#RBRE960

Message 4 of 15
MP_OC
Aspirant

@FURRYe38 Thanks for your questions and tips. I got sidelined and wasn't able to tracking this down. Finally able to circle back to it.

I have tried changing and saving the log settings using Chrome, Edge and Firefox. All are up to date to their latest versions. They all return the 500 error. The Orbi is set to auto-update and when I check manually for updates it comes back empty handed.

I was able to do a reboot and immediately change the settings before doing anything else and that worked. But if i go in to make a logging change after it has been running for a while I get the 500 error again and have to reboot and hope I make the change fast enough.

I will check out the firmware update / factory reset link you provided.

Thanks again!

Message 5 of 15
MP_OC
Aspirant

@owlyn - Thanks for that suggestion. Finally able to circle back to this after an unexpected hiatus. I tried each of the check boxes for log settings and they all return the 500 error when pressing Apply.

Message 6 of 15
MP_OC
Aspirant

@FURRYe38 @owlyn 

I manually upgraded my Orbi router to the latest FW using the file available from the support site and now I am able to save the logging settings without failure. I will check and see whether that holds up after running for a while.

My problem now is that the two Satellites won't update. I'm hardwired to one of them and the other is on the network with ethernet backhaul connected. I can navigate to both, login, get status, see connected devices, etc. but when I browse to the file (that I used to upgrade the router), I get the error shown below after pressing Upload and it then the screen immediately returns to the Firmware upgrade page as if that never happened.

This...

MP_OC_0-1715443594630.png

Then back to this...

MP_OC_1-1715443780521.png

Message 7 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

The RBS needs to be updated first, then RBR lastly.

Downgrade the RBR back to what you had on it long enough to get the RBS connected then manually update the RBS first to newest version, then the RBR. 

Message 8 of 15
MP_OC
Aspirant

@FURRYe38 Thanks again for this great tip. I've been trying all sorts of methods. I was just reading your post on upgrade sequencing that says to do the RBS first and thought I was hosed because of course I upgraded the RBR first. I will downgrade the RBR and try to upgrade the RBSs and then the RBR. Fingers crossed!

Message 9 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

👍

Message 10 of 15
CrimpOn
Guru

@MP_OC wrote:

when I browse to the file (that I used to upgrade the router),

The image file for router and satellite are different.

https://kb.netgear.com/000066069/RBRE960-RBSE960-Firmware-Version-7-2-6-31 

Message 11 of 15
MP_OC
Aspirant

@CrimpOn - You are correct. I completely missed that. I forgot the satellites and routers aren't interchangeable and have different product numbers. That worked and saved me having to back track. Thanks!

Message 12 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

All up and running now? 

Message 13 of 15
MP_OC
Aspirant

@FURRYe38 @CrimpOn 

All good now. Original issue of internal server error 500 for log option changes is solved and the firmware is all up to date on router and satellites. You were both very helpful. Thanks again!

Message 14 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

Message 15 of 15
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7