Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBS750 will not appear on Network Map

Brandon1972
Aspirant

Orbi RBS750 will not appear on Network Map

I am having a very frustrating issue.  I have an Orbi RBR750 and 2 RBS750 satellites.  The satellites just stopped working a few weeks ago.  Before doing any research, I updated the router to Firmware VersionV4.6.5.14_2.0.54.  And, now I see that I should have updated the firmware on the satellites first.  But, given that this is my predicament.  I am not sure what to do.  I cannot manually install the firmware on the satellites because they don't even show up as connected on the website or the Orbi app.  I am really not happy about this because this system has been advertised as extremely user friendly and easy to set up for those of us without a background in information technology.  SO not the case.  Can anyone assist?

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Try factory resetting the satellite (push and hold reset for 7-15 seconds while powered on), then try hardwiring it into the router. Give it 5 minutes and try to sync it or see if its connected. If its connected, you can manually update the satellite by logging into its ip address. 

Message 2 of 4
Brandon1972
Aspirant

I tried that sequence...the satellite lights up blue (as if it should be connected) but does not appear as a connected device on the web site or the App network map.  Therefore, I cannot get the IP address.

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

When its hardwired in, if you connect a pc/laptop to the satellite, are you able to use the internet? 

Just curious if its working and the maps taking a while to load. 

When hardwired in, you can try its default ip address of 192.168.1.250

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7