Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Router RBR750 and Satellite RBS350 - Satellites Constantly Rebooting

redsfanwente
Follower

Orbi Router RBR750 and Satellite RBS350 - Satellites Constantly Rebooting

I tried to update the firmware for the router, and was successfully able to do so to 4.6.8.5.  However, when I tried to update the satellites, the webpage asked for a username and password.So, the satellites are on 4.6.8.2.

It was recommended to upgrade the firmware because the satellites are constantly "rebooting" (blinking white light then to solid blue). They do this multiple times an hour, and usually drop service as well. They are not going to the purple color. They are always going back to blue.

Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi Router RBR750 and Satellite RBS350 - Satellites Constantly Rebooting

My own preference for updating satellites is to access the satellite web page directly from a web browser using the IP address of the satellite (which I learn from the router Attached Devices page).  That web page will do the same as the router web administration: ask for the router user name (always "admin") and the router password.  This is normal.

Also, one frustrating feature of the Orbi web administration is that it frequently asks the user to re-authenticate.  When I have the Attached Devices display open and have also opened other windows in my browser (such as to type in a response to a forum question), the *&%^ router will pop up that authentication page while I am typing and all of a sudden "admin" disappears and I am typing into that stupid box.  Have to backspace, type in "admin" again, and press enter.

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi Router RBR750 and Satellite RBS350 - Satellites Constantly Rebooting

Be sure to remember to update the RBS first then the RBR lastly.

If you can't get the RBS updated or access them, you may need to downgrade the RBR back to v.2 then update the RBS after they get re-connected. Then update the RBR lastly.

@redsfanwente wrote:

I tried to update the firmware for the router, and was successfully able to do so to 4.6.8.5.  However, when I tried to update the satellites, the webpage asked for a username and password.So, the satellites are on 4.6.8.2.

It was recommended to upgrade the firmware because the satellites are constantly "rebooting" (blinking white light then to solid blue). They do this multiple times an hour, and usually drop service as well. They are not going to the purple color. They are always going back to blue.

Any suggestions?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7