Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Satellite RBR850 doesnt connect

Deepak_Mehta
Aspirant

Orbi Satellite RBR850 doesnt connect

I facing a big problem, i have installed 1 Orbi router and 5 satellite RBR850 in an 3 storey house, and placed the devices floor wise ( some in rooms couple of them in bedroom and living rooms) at specific location where signal strength seems to be good.

The problem is that devices like iPad, phones smart tv doesn't connect with the orbi satellite, i have to reboot them, then they start working for couple of days then again they stop connecting with devices.

I will be grateful for inputs.

Message 1 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi Satellite RBR850 doesnt connect

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite 📡

Message 2 of 10
Deepak_Mehta
Aspirant

Firmware Version :- V4.6.3.16

ONT :- local vendor fiber connection connects to Orbi router

Size of Room is 8000 sq feet  approx (3 floors)

Distance more than 30 feet but i have connected some device via LAN cable as well.

Message 3 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Try turning down the power output of the RBRs wifi radios from 100% to 50% and see if this changes anything. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

So you have RBS that are wireless connected and some wire connected? 

Are the ethernet connected RBS directly connected to the RBR or is there a patch panel or LAN switch in between the RBR and RBS? If there is a switch, brand and model# please.

What CAT# lan cable are you using? CAT6 is recommended. 

What channels are you using? Auto? Try Auto and 48 on 5Ghz. Or try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

What CTS values are you using on the RBR? Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

You may also have too much wifi signal in the home. 1 RBR and two RBS are rated up to 7500sq ft so 3 RBS should be enough for 8000sq ft. I would turn off two of the RBS and test the system and devices. https://youtu.be/UR0viMLISz4

Message 4 of 10
Deepak_Mehta
Aspirant

I have changed power output to 50%

So you have RBS that are wireless connected and some wire connected?  Yes

Ethernet  are connected RBS via Cisco unmanged switch which is between the RBR and RBS?

Yes i am using CAT6

I am using 48 on 5Ghz. and 6 on 2.4Ghz.

There are 2-3 wifi neigbhors with very very weak signal

CTS values is kept on automatic

Will try to keep off couple of devices.

Sharing a snapshot of devices.

Message 5 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

@Deepak_Mehta wrote:

I have changed power output to 50%

So you have RBS that are wireless connected and some wire connected?  Yes

Ethernet  are connected RBS via Cisco unmanged switch which is between the RBR and RBS? <What is the model# of this switch? 

Yes i am using CAT6

I am using 48 on 5Ghz. and 6 on 2.4Ghz.

There are 2-3 wifi neigbhors with very very weak signal

CTS values is kept on automatic <CTS values should read a number and not automatic

Will try to keep off couple of devices.

Sharing a snapshot of devices.

Message 6 of 10
Deepak_Mehta
Aspirant

CTS / RTS Threshold :- 64

Message 7 of 10
Deepak_Mehta
Aspirant

As details were discussed in above post i have done all the settings as you told me, still same issue is there,

Devices gets disconnect and reconnect after sometimes and this happens all the time.

Is there any other solution to find out and rectify this issue.

Message 8 of 10
Deepak_Mehta
Aspirant

Frequently RBS are changing their connection with RBR.

Message 9 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

You might update FW on the system.:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WiFi-6-AX-and-WiFi-6E-AXE/New-RBR850-RBS850-Firmware-Version-4...

Update the RBS first then RBR lastly. Use a wired PC and web browser to send the FW file to the RBS web page, then update the RBR lastly. After the RBR and RBS are back online. Try a full power OFF of the ISP modem, RBR and RBS for 1 minute or longer then back ON with the ISP modem first, RBR then RBS lastly. If the one RBS continues, you may want to try a full on factory reset of the RBR and RBS and setup from scratch. 

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7