Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Wi-Fi 6 RBK852 enough range on floor plan?

Thecapitalm
Follower

Orbi Wi-Fi 6 RBK852 enough range on floor plan?

Hi all

Looking for some advice on whether two or three Orbi setup is required for my floor plan.

im looking at the Orbi Wi-Fi 6 RBK852 (2 pack) currently but unsure of whether I’ll get consistent speeds and coverage across the house based on their positions.

floorplan is 260sqm (2800sqft)

blue mark is where the router would go as that’s where the NTD for my Fibre is located so that’s where the router connects.

red mark is where my office is and where a satellite would go as I need an ethernet connection from the satellite. Also would prefer strong connection and speed here.

house is rented so can’t randomly install Ethernet cable in places.

in between router and satellite directly are two exterior (brick walls) in between the house entry. All internal walls are gyprock (drywall).

appreciate your thoughts and advice 😎👍🏻

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi Wi-Fi 6 RBK852 enough range on floor plan?

Placement of the RBS in that location would not be recommended. Too close to the RBR. Opposite location in the home would be recommended. 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR📡 and RBS🛰️ to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite ‌‌🛰

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi Wi-Fi 6 RBK852 enough range on floor plan?

Placement of the RBS in that location would not be recommended. Too close to the RBR. Opposite location in the home would be recommended. 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR📡 and RBS🛰️ to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite ‌‌🛰

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7