Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi keeps dropping out, can’t connect a lot of devices

Dode0
Aspirant

Orbi keeps dropping out, can’t connect a lot of devices

I upgraded my home network last week with the orbi 350 + 2 satellites. Had nothing but issues with it since. It will randomly drop out for a couple of minutes every couple of hours, some devices are connected but can’t find an IP address, mainly my sky boxes. I am in the U.K.

I tried to connect the orbi to my netgear nighthawk, the orbi got no internet so it is connected to a BT open reach box and logged into my isp. Connection is great when it works, my current speed is stable 35mbs download, 7mbs upload fibre to the cabinet.

I have tried playing around with some settings suggested on other posts to no avail. I have spent a week trying to find the problem, this is my last resort before I send it back.

My set up is an openreach dsl to lan modem connected to orbi, 1st satellite 25ft away, 2nd satellite 35ft away from 1st.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router, RBS40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi keeps dropping out, can’t connect a lot of devices

Any progress on this? 

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite 📡

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Message 2 of 4
Dode0
Aspirant

I hardwired everything in to the orbi satellites, now the satellites are loosing connection to the main one, first one is 25ft away, one brick wall, the free sky modem didn’t have any issues with this distance. It’s useless, I’m sending it back.
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Good Luck. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements