Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Out Of Sync Blue Light

Dannytype1
Aspirant

Out Of Sync Blue Light

Hi

I am successfully syncing my RBS850 i get blue light etc. Still shows out of sync and i cannot connect to the satellite ip 10.0.0.18 so i can update firmware. Nothing i do works the information i get back doesnt seem like i can trust it etc. All i want to do is login to my satelittes web interface and update the firmware a pretty simple thing to do you would think?

The internet works fine no issues with the provider or serttings. I have tried hardwire, move closer, move futher away, factory reset, 30 - 30 - 30.

This is the error message i get.

Thanks

Danny

Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Out Of Sync Blue Light

Can try turning OFF all RBS. Use the Disconnect button next to the one RBS that is failing to fully sync. Bring the one RBS to same room as the RBR. 10-15 feet distance. Reset the one RBS by pressing the reset button for 15 seconds then release. After the front LED begins to pulsate WHITE, press the sync button on the RBR and then on the RBS or use the RBRs WEB page Add Satellite feature to add the one RBS. 

Another option would be to use the Generate backhaul password button on the RBR, Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings then try to re-add the RBS. 

Message 2 of 8
Dannytype1
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply will give it a go. My ultimate question is if that works and it finally syncs do you think i will be able to finally login to satellite and update the firmware or are they not related?

Thanks

Danny

Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

If you don't think the RBS is updated FW, you can try ethernet connecting the RBS to the RBR, then use the IP address the RBS gets from the RBR to access the RBS web ui and log in with admin and password, then update the FW. 

Extreme case would be to downgrade the RBR back to prior version of FW then see if the RBS syncs wirelessly long enough to the RBR and then manually update the RBS then. Then re-update the RBR back to current version. 

Message 4 of 8
Dannytype1
Aspirant

Hi

So tried what you said the satellite when solid white on the bottom but didnt show up in dashboard and no ip address. So you think is worth downgrading the firmware on the main router?

Thanks

Danny

Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Darn, Ya was hoping you wouldn't need to downgrade the RBR. Maybe needed. 

Message 6 of 8
Dannytype1
Aspirant

So i downgraded the router firmware to V4.6.9.11_2.3.5  and it shows updates availble but only for RBR not RBS Do I need to reset the satellites as they are still showing no model and firmware details. I guess thats why it cant find new firmware. Still cant do manually.

Thanks

Danny

Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Turn OFF the working RBS. Don't downgrade those was you'll be coming back to v7 on the RBR eventually.

So the one RBS is still not seen by the RBR wireless or ethernet connected? 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7