Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: PS4 constant reset orbi rbk752

Runex21
Aspirant

PS4 constant reset orbi rbk752

Bought a new rbk 752 to upgrade from my ac3000 model. Speeds are great, love the armor upgrade, hate that its missing circle.

However, I am experiencing an odd issue. My ps4 connection, which worked fine on my ac3000, constantly resets on my ax4200. However, it only resets when i turn off the ps4(or put it to sleep). When it boots up, it cant connect and i have to perform the setup again. No issues with other devices. The ps4 sits about 3ft away from the router and has a great signal(yes, i could wire it, but my wife HATES wires, so itd be easier to get rid of the ps4)

Whats happening is that the ps4 finds the connection, but refuses to pull the data from the dhcp. Is there anyway around this other than maybe using a manual setup? (I will try this later tonight to see if it works)

And anyone else have any issues with their ps4?
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update.

Be sure that CTS and RTS values are changed to 2347 under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Set up a IP address reservation for the PS console on the RBR. Under Advanced Tab/LanSetup

Wired connection is preferred for gaming. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update.

Be sure that CTS and RTS values are changed to 2347 under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Set up a IP address reservation for the PS console on the RBR. Under Advanced Tab/LanSetup

Wired connection is preferred for gaming. 

Message 2 of 4
Runex21
Aspirant

Thanks for the quick tips. Heres a followup.

1. I have not done a settings reset since the firmware update. I have reset the router a few times.

2. I looked at the rts/cts and they were set to 64. So I changed them to 2347.

3. I created an ip reservation.

It seems the big issue was the rts/cts as once i changed those, not only did my ps4 actually renew its network as it its supposed to, but the Dl speed increased by 300%.

Also, just a note, I agree wired is preferred, but i dont play much pvp, just need it for dl games and connecting to psn. My xbox is wired as i play pvp games on that.

Thanks for the help.
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad that worked. 

Ya, I play PvP and like to have the best performance on xbox. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7