Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Plusieurs comptes Orbi - Multiple Orbi Accounts

Télépermanence
Aspirant

Plusieurs comptes Orbi - Multiple Orbi Accounts

Hello,

I discovered Orbi and I find it super efficient, as I have a business, I would like to be able to offer Orbi to my customers.

Can you please tell me if I can have multiple sites saved in the Orbi app? In order to be able to manage my various clients remotely?

I have a system under test at the workshop, with an RBK352 kit and I wanted to change its name in the application under router settings but unfortunately it is not taken into account, could you please tell me how to do it ?

Many thanks in advance and have a nice day!

Mark

Message 1 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Plusieurs comptes Orbi - Multiple Orbi Accounts

Yes, the Orbi 'app' can administer multiple Orbi systems. Select the menu option "Set up a New Orbi System".

Please explain more about "change the name" of the system.

Under "Router Settings" there is an option to change the descriptive name of the router.  Is this what you want to do?

Message 2 of 5
Télépermanence
Aspirant

Great thanks a lot !

On the screenshot below, here is the name that I put circled in green but it does not appear on the main page.
As I can only put one image, I make a second post with just the 2nd image.

Thanks a lot

Message 3 of 5
Télépermanence
Aspirant

Message 4 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

You are correct.  This is a flaw in the Orbi 'app'.

However, the name should appear correctly on the Network Map.

Administering multiple WiFi systems is a complicated business.  I am not certain that the residential Orbi and Orbi 'app' are well suited for this application.  There are all sorts of questions:

• Are the users of these system to be allowed to have management access to them?
    If all these systems are tied to one Orbi 'app', then the same credentials must be used to access any of them.
    A system cannot be tied to two different credentials.
  • Will any of these systems need configurations that cannot be done with the 'app'?
    Such things as Port Forwarding, DNS server changes, etc.
    The app does not provide access to those features.
  • Will any of them require use of Parental Controls?

This is WAY beyond my competence.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7