Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Poor Quality Video MS Teams/Zoom

JimmySX
Aspirant

Poor Quality Video MS Teams/Zoom

Hi there,

I have installed an Orbi RBK852 last week and had some significant issues with zoom and teams. Over a period of 6 days, I have spoken/called Telstra (ISP) and Netgear multiple times with little to no answers or improvements. 

My Orbi RBK852 is connected directly into a NBN CO NTD FTTC box which has replaced the Telstra CobraAX Gen 3 Modem. The Orbi connected perfectly and picked up everything automatically from the ISP and was ready to go. Download speed 102/upload 19. 

When trying to use zoom and teams, the packet loss and sent bitrate is incredibly low and poor. After ticking disable SIP ALG, Nat Filtering set to Open and unchecking disable IGMP Proxying I was able to have zoom to return to no freezing and stutter with only 1% packet loss and not up to 90% packet loss. 

However, MS Teams is still running like I am frozen in time. The changes I listed above improved my sent bit rate from 0.2 to 1.1 mbps but not enough to have a solid video for the person on the other end. When they watch me on their mobile or when I share screen, the video is fine (I think because of the low resolution/screen size). But normal size impairs the teams completely. I use MS Teams and Zoom up to 55 hours a week and work from home so this is incredibly distressing. I do not want to accept defeat and set the RBR to AP mode, I want this to work as a router and modem. 

I have tried playing with other settings, the CTS/RTS was increased from 1, to 500, 1500 and 2347 (max) with no change. I set the radio frequencies to auto and 48 (even though the issue still occurs when plugged directly into the RBR. NG support did a ping test no issue. They did it to zoom/teams and there is a timed out request but that issue exists even when I do not use the Orbi system, the ISP and NBN have the same time out but when I plug the ISP modem back in and connect to that, absolutely no issue with teams or zoom. I have tried this in browser and app (updated both and I am up to the latest firmwire on the router and satellite). 

I would love any ideas or anything I can change to try increase its performance. It seems that the Orbi system does not want to allow the traffic to these services but I am also not the most technologically advanced and would love any assistance. Someone out there must have had the same issue and can explain it in a way that doesn't make numbers/equations fly across my vision. I have my ISP arguing that it is the Orbi system, I have NG argue that it is the NBN/ISP. Like most of us, I spent a lot purely to get 40 + devices connected and future proof because the ISP modem would drop connections and devices constantly sitting at 20 devices. 

Please help! 

AX6000 WiFi Mesh System (RBK852) 

Message 1 of 3
JimmySX
Aspirant

Additional notes; I found that the Orbi was throttling upload speeds. When connected it was fluctuating between 20mbps upload and 0.10mbps. It was causing issues with that but the issue with zoom and teams is still unknown. 

Message 2 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Dear @JimmySX 

Welcome to the Netgear Community!

You won't get the attention requested as you selected ins this legacy device area here..

Requesting a moderator @Blanca_O to move this thread to the Orbi Mesh Systems community section.

Regards

-Kurt

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7