Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Poor wifi from satellite

servalstudios
Aspirant

Poor wifi from satellite

I have an RBR850 with a sattlite. I have the highest Spectrum - like 400 mps.. Near the main hub I get that, but the satellite around the corner where I am in another room is only around 4 mps

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

BE sure you are connected to the RBS and not the RBR when you go near the RBS. Turn OFF the wifi radio on the wireless device for 5 seconds then back ON when near the RBS. 

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite

Message 2 of 4
servalstudios
Aspirant

@FURRYe38 wrote:

BE sure you are connected to the RBS and not the RBR when you go near the RBS. Turn OFF the wifi radio on the wireless device for 5 seconds then back ON when near the RBS. 

>>>This is good to know.  That actually worked.. then stopped.

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Firmware Version
V3.2.16.6_1.4.4

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite

It is maybe 25 feet away.  there are two corners it has to maneuver around.. Place is only 1500 sq ft

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

1500sq ft maybe a bit too small to have an RBS. The RBR can cover alot of space if placed well and centrally. 30 feet or more is recommended between the RBR and RBS.

So you were able to get better speeds after you powered off the wifi radio on your mobile device then back ON while near the RBS? 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7