Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Private Network Listed on Satellite

JimM55
Aspirant

Private Network Listed on Satellite

Periodically, when, in the App, I look at the device list on one of my two Orbi satellites, one of the devices it lists is "Private Network."  

What is this?  I can't find any info on it. The list of devices I can see on the router when I look using the router's web interface (I searched for its IP address) provides no more useful information.  

Note that this is only one one of my two satellites, and I'm also not sure why this would be on one but not the other. 

(And is the one that I've been having some issues with the last few weeks as per another thread I have in this group, but I don't know if that's in any way related.)

Router hardware version: RBR750

Firware version: V4.6.3.7

Connected to a Verizon FIOS modem

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Private Network Listed on Satellite

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

There a screen capture of this on the RBS? Please use the choose file button to included this on your next post. 

Message 2 of 4
JimM55
Aspirant

Firmware version: V4.6.3.7

Verizon attached the modem to the wall, and I cannot see a modem number.  I enclosed a photo, if that helps. 

modem.jpg

And here is the screenshot of what I see in the app. (I also not sure why it shows my Mac Mini twice, though I think the innactive one may be a result of trying to connect a ethernet cable to it (though the satellite has been rebooted since that). 

private_network.jpg

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Please use the choose file button to included this on your next post. 

We have to wait for inline pictures to be approved. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7