Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Question on firmware update of RBR850 and RBS850

donawalt
Virtuoso

Question on firmware update of RBR850 and RBS850

Hi all,

I have a RBR850 and 2 RBS850s from a second house that we no longer have. I factory reset them at the time I took them out of service, resetting them through the little button on the devices. I have a friend who is going to use this set for their house, replacing another WiFi network they are not pleased with. To make things easier and since the firmware is probably 18 months old, is there a way that I can get the firmware updated to current rev, given they are not actually installed and accessible via the app and are not running the network in my house? I seem to remember there is a way to power them on and get the firmware to update, but I can't find info on it. I don't want to mess with my existing network to do it, of course.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

You can download the firmware and manually update it. 

Or you could just connect it to your regular network in a double nat and update it and set it up for them. Once you have the ssid/ setup/firmware updated, simple power it off and disconnect it. 

I've done that before. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
plemans
Guru

You can download the firmware and manually update it. 

Or you could just connect it to your regular network in a double nat and update it and set it up for them. Once you have the ssid/ setup/firmware updated, simple power it off and disconnect it. 

I've done that before. 

Message 2 of 5
donawalt
Virtuoso

Thanks for the reply!

Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

Good luck!

Careful setting it up for others. They tend to start requesting it all the time in the future 🙂 

Message 4 of 5
donawalt
Virtuoso

Thanks again! I'll be careful!!!

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements