Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RB850 Not Working after Power Outage

TSJ4622
Tutor

RB850 Not Working after Power Outage

Can not for the life of me get Orbi router working again after a power outage. The only thing I have yet to try is a factory reset but I wanted to check here before i tried that. My internet is from Spectrum and my modem is working correctly. I can run a ethernet cord from the modem to my desktop and the internet works as it should. Ive tried resetting the Orbi from the app muliple times. Ive tried unplugging the power completly, waiting for a minute and plugging back in. Ive tried hitting the sync button on the back. No matter what, the Orbi router has that majenta light on. And I am lost on what else to do besides a factory reset. If any good soul has any help to offer I would greatly appreciate your help

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 8
plemans
Guru

Re: RB850 Not Working after Power Outage

what modem is it from spectrum?
Have you tried disconnecting everything from the modem and router (including coax from modem). 

then leave it all off for 2 minutes. 

Then connect coax back to modem and power it back on. 

Give it 2 minutes. 

then connect it to the wan port on the router. 

Then power the router on and give it a couple minutes. 

then try setup. 

If that doesn't work, I'd try factory resetting both devices. 

Message 2 of 8
TSJ4622
Tutor

I dont know what kind of Modem it is, it looks pretty new. And everything just got setup in August so its not like old or anything. And like I said, the modem is working correctly. Anything I hard wire to the modem, is working as it should except the Orbi. So I will try resettting the modem again but I have done that quite a few times already

Message 3 of 8
plemans
Guru

The label should have the model number on it. 

and try it in the order I listed. If you had your computer connected to it, your ISP can assign the public IP address to your computer and not the router and it can take a while to release it. 

Most isp's release the address quickly but in rare occasions, I've seen it take 10-30 minutes to be released. 

Message 4 of 8
TSJ4622
Tutor

Ok E31N2V1 it looks like? Im gonna give it a shot just how you laid it out. When you say unplug the COAX, is that the ethernet cord?

Message 5 of 8
plemans
Guru

No. I mean the coaxial line that comes into the modem from your ISP. 

But you'll unplug the ethernet at well. I want everything unplugged from the modem and the router. Not a single thing connected to them for 2 minutes. 

Message 6 of 8
TSJ4622
Tutor

Ah I know what you mean now. Thank you. Im gonna start the process. 

Message 7 of 8
plemans
Guru

did it work?

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements