Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK352 AX1800 (RBS350 Satellite) Power Issues

wfox
Aspirant

RBK352 AX1800 (RBS350 Satellite) Power Issues

A few months back, one of our (RBS350) Orbi satellites turned off and refused to turn back on. It had been working well for nearly 2 years.

The LED on the back of the unit by the power socket no longer lit up at all. I tried swapping the power supply for the one on the working satellite, but still no joy. I meant to contact support then, but life got very busy.

Now I'm in the position where I really need the full WiFi coverage so I tried the satellite again and it powered on and worked perfectly... for about 1hr before it died again and now won't turn on again.

Does anyone have any suggestions of things to try before I go shopping for another expensive mesh wifi solution?

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBK352 AX1800 (RBS350 Satellite) Power Issues

If you swapped power supplies and the one RBS won't turn on then it's probably busted and needs replacing. 

I recommend getting on places like amazon or shopgoodwill and look for replacement RBS350s. 

One can also connect EX series extenders, i.e. EX7500, 7000, 7700 or 8000 series. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

If you swapped power supplies and the one RBS won't turn on then it's probably busted and needs replacing. 

I recommend getting on places like amazon or shopgoodwill and look for replacement RBS350s. 

One can also connect EX series extenders, i.e. EX7500, 7000, 7700 or 8000 series. 

Message 2 of 5
wfox
Aspirant

I assumed as much, but it was worth asking! Thanks for responding 🙂

I also had no idea the EXs would talk to an RBR350. I'll check that out, thanks.

Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

👍

Message 4 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

@wfox wrote:

I also had no idea the EXs would talk to an RBR350. I'll check that out, thanks.

The huge difference between satellites and WiFi extenders is the degree of integration.  (This is why "mesh" systems were developed.)  WiFi devices do not roam seamlessly between WiFi routers and extenders the way they do between units of a mesh system. That makes extenders a wonderful solution for WiFi devices that are not mobile, but often irritating for mobile devices.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7