Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBK750 Series - Firmware Update v4.6.3.7

FURRYe38
Guru

Please contact a forum moderator and ask them about the beta:

@Blanca_O and @DarrenM 

in meantime, try and downgrade to v3 using @Xcelebric process:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/RBK750-Series-Firmware-Update-v4-6-3-7/m-p/2130584/highligh...

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/RBK750-Series-Firmware-Update-v4-6-3-7/m-p/2131307/highligh...

Seems to bring stability back to Orbi systems:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/RBK750-Series-Firmware-Update-v4-6-3-7/m-p/2136998/highligh...

@Jlhardwick wrote:

Back in July I upgraded my firmware to v4.6.3.7 and immediately lost the ability for my printer to connect via Wi-Fi. Multiple contacts with support got nowhere with a solution. I then had to leave town for a couple of months for business at which time my crappy 90 day support ended. By the time I got back 80 percent of my devices could no longer connect to Wi-Fi. Factory reset the router and started over. Things would work for a short time then again lose the ability to connect. I contacted support again and got them to make an exception and talk to me. They decided to send me a replacement unit but again with the same version of Firmware the same problem exists. Of course now I have no support and have a 5 month old brick on my hands. Not at all happy with Netgear for having horrible support policies and releasing very buggy firmware with no fix.

Message 176 of 303
jamacphoto
Apprentice

Ok have contact a forum moderator and ask them about the beta:

has anyone else contacted =and hear back yet. how long did it take ?

do thank everyone for the downgrade procedures but not gonna do it lol too much to do for the price paid foe the device. NG should do it for us

/ have a simpel way to fall back and stop the upgrade. mayeb others Companies have the ability.

it is just so shoicking at the speed they are going to produce a fix or easy method ot fall back. Heck at my job if i reacted at this pace woudl have been let go lol 

Message 177 of 303
michsu
Apprentice

I contacted them a few days ago and didn’t hear anything.
Message 178 of 303
FURRYe38
Guru

Its been a holiday here in the USA so maybe delayed responce. Hopefully you'll hear something soon. 

Message 179 of 303
Spoongooner
Guide

I contacted support for new BETA

they respond like they dont have any idea there is an issue

they want me to send them a bunch of info

Ive already spent hours and days messing with these crappy routers I mistakenly sold to my clients

now im stuck contantly doing service calls to make hillbilly patches and putting other brand routers in front of the orbi to fix DNS issues

then they fix DNS issues and totally break the MESH network with V4

so now i have to learn HTML coding in my spare time to HACK their firmware to roll back to V3

Only to get the DNS issue back again

I have purchased $29 dollar routers from walmart that are more reliable

If NETGEAR has a BETA firmware that helps

why on earth do we have to jump thru hoops and pretend we havent already tried all the trouble shooting steps

what kind of support is this ?

thats all we ever do is trouble shoot these garbage routers

release the god dam BETA already

spoongooner@hotmail.com ready and waiting for several months for a working router

i have over 50 of these piece of craps thing installed on COX customers when they were actually working half way decent last year before i found out about all the issues with the DNS...seemed like a good deal from Costco
wont costco be happy when i take all 50 of these bitches back for refund

i also asked for Help on this forum with some pics or help with V3 rollback

CRICKETs

no help from Netgear
no help from you folks

what a garbage forum

here is a pic of where to look for in F12 rollback to V3 that i asked for and had to spend hours and hours trying to figure it out when someone could have just posted a pic or gave better details

i added a pic of area I figured out to edit for f12 for any one else that wants to roll back to v3

But a big thanks to the person that even released the f12 info

I guess its not your job to teach me how to debug html i get that
but if your gonna share how about an extra 30 seconds of details

v4 would not work for me at quite a few clients it destroys the MESH and give poor connections and drops

V3 works half way decent on Cox

but major Dns issues any any ptp Internet providers here in Arizona
Message 180 of 303
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 181 of 303
Theobuck
Apprentice

Sounds like you had the same experience I had yesterday with the wonderful Netgear support. I repeatedly asked for the Beta and repeatedly asked for Tier 2.
Message 182 of 303
Stephonline
Guide

I'm having similar problems.  Initially blaimed it on comcast but nope, it'as the netgear

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 183 of 303
FURRYe38
Guru

What problems are you having? 

Have you contacted NG support yet? 

Some speed issues are known to NG and are effected by only the built in speed test app on the RBR and the Orbi app. Using external speed tests apps are reported to show to spec speeds. 

7 series users are encouraged to contact NG support and ask for the beta that seems to be being offered up.

@Stephonline wrote:

I'm having similar problems.  Initially blaimed it on comcast but nope, it'as the netgear

Message 184 of 303
michsu
Apprentice

I put my 753 in AP mode and it still maxed out at 600. The disconnects have stopped though, but it seems the throughput is slower. AX is enabled. It must be the firmware of the 750 model.
Message 185 of 303
FURRYe38
Guru

It IS FW and NG is aware. 

Message 186 of 303
Stephonline
Guide

Did not contact support since they want $$$ just to take a call.

I'm measuring speed with the Ookla speed test app on iphone and on direct connected laptop to router.

I'm having to reboot the router nightly; devices using the satellite to connect - both wired and wirelessly - are seeding 20 / 30 meg downstream as opposed to the 650mb that the router is reporting or that the direct connected laptop shows (approx 550 mb)

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 187 of 303
ANoid67
Initiate

This seems to be a cluster. I am seeing throughout the thread that we should contact NG Support. Why are we being told to create all these tickets that cost money (which is sad that they charge so much) and this issue is ignored by NG? It is almost as if the moderators are getting everyone to create tickets to generate income for Netgear. There are some good work arounds in the thread, but this issue is a couple months old and a beta (that is very difficult to get) is the only possible solution.

Until this issue, I have always liked the Netgear line of products. And maybe because I have been lucky not to experience any issues with past devices (switches, modems, and routers) that I never had to look at the forums to see the rust under the shiny armor.

Is it too difficult for the moderators to post a link to the beta firmware?

Message 188 of 303
Theobuck
Apprentice

Will downgrading and recoding the HTML impact any warranties?
Message 189 of 303
TedsNotHere
Aspirant

Hello - I hope someone can help.  I just upgraded to RBR753S from Costco from an Orbi RBR20.  I've had many troubles with the new setup....

On first Install the setup failed so I did a factory reset and was able to finish setup of the Router and two satallites.  I have about ~35 devices connected to my wifi network.  I use a wired backhaul for one of my satallites. 

Issue List

1. I rebooted Router via the Orbi ios app.  Now most of my devices are not connecting to wifi 
  2. In the ios Orbi App the network map shows (sometimes show both satallites as wired connected to Router) but not always
  3. Clicking on one of the satallites to see the connected devices I don't see any connected to either satallite and only some devices show as connected when I click on Router from network map
  4. From the web admin page (routerlogin.net) and looking at the Attached Devices both Satallites show Backhaul Status as Out of Sync -I've resynced them several times now
  5. Some wireless devices like Ipad shows as wired connection (very odd)
  6. Lastly - the 1 year of Netgear Security that I get from Costco my router doesn't seem to recognize the subscription and wont let me do the trial either.  I've spent time with NG support and they couldn't figure it out and said to call costco

Question:
What should be my next steps? 

Besides taking back to Costco and buy someother system? 

Hardware Version RBR750 with 2 Satallites 
Firmware Version V4.6.3.7_2.0.49
GUI Language Version V3.0.1.2_2.1.30.3
Operation Mode Router

Message 190 of 303
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and Orbi system?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite 📡

Is the one RBS connected via ethernet directly connected to the back of the RBR or is there a LAN switch in between? 

@TedsNotHere wrote:

Hello - I hope someone can help.  I just upgraded to RBR753S from Costco from an Orbi RBR20.  I've had many troubles with the new setup....

On first Install the setup failed so I did a factory reset and was able to finish setup of the Router and two satallites.  I have about ~35 devices connected to my wifi network.  I use a wired backhaul for one of my satallites. 

Issue List

1. I rebooted Router via the Orbi ios app.  Now most of my devices are not connecting to wifi 
  2. In the ios Orbi App the network map shows (sometimes show both satallites as wired connected to Router) but not always
  3. Clicking on one of the satallites to see the connected devices I don't see any connected to either satallite and only some devices show as connected when I click on Router from network map
  4. From the web admin page (routerlogin.net) and looking at the Attached Devices both Satallites show Backhaul Status as Out of Sync -I've resynced them several times now
  6. Lastly - the 1 year of Netgear Security that I get from Costco my router doesn't seem to recognize the subscription and wont let me do the trial either.  I've spent time with NG support and they couldn't figure it out and said to call costco

Question:

Operation Mode Router

Message 191 of 303
TedsNotHere
Aspirant

@FURRYe38 wrote:

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and Orbi system?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite 📡

Is the one RBS connected via ethernet directly connected to the back of the RBR or is there a LAN switch in between? 

@TedsNotHere wrote:

Issue List

Question:

Operation Mode Router

Hi @FURRYe38 here are the answers to your questions.

Modem: Motorola MB8611 (I own)

Internet Service provider: Comcast Cable (I get ~200MB download speed)

Home Sqr feet: 2800 sq ft two story 

Router wired to Satallite1 (not connected via Lan switch)  on opposite sides of house

Satallite2 is about 20-30 feet away from Satallite1 (on same side of house as Satallite1) 

I've rebooted via software reboot and physical unplugging power to reboot all router and satallites (yes waiting more than a 1 minute)

Message 192 of 303
FURRYe38
Guru

What happens if you turn OFF either RBS and use just 1 RBS? 

CTS values  to 2347 under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

What channels are you using on the RBR? 

@TedsNotHere wrote:

Hi @FURRYe38 here are the answers to your questions.

Modem: Motorola MB8611 (I own)

Internet Service provider: Comcast Cable (I get ~200MB download speed)

Home Sqr feet: 2800 sq ft two story 

Router wired to Satallite1 (not connected via Lan switch)  on opposite sides of house

Satallite2 is about 20-30 feet away from Satallite1 (on same side of house as Satallite1) 

I've rebooted via software reboot and physical unplugging power to reboot all router and satallites (yes waiting more than a 1 minute)

Message 193 of 303
Theobuck
Apprentice

So Netgear support called last night. They have sent me an updated FW. V4.6.3.16. So far it seems good, and my speeds are back to normal.
Message 194 of 303
SpeedPro_03
Tutor

Will that FW also work with the RBK853?

Were can I get the FW v.4.6.3.16? I'm having many problems with v.4.6.3.9... All my 4 Satellites flashing colors all day long, disconnects from each other... slow speeds... I can't contact SUPPORT because they only give you 3 months free tech support and I don't wanna pay for something they screwed up with their last FW update...

Any help is welcome.

Thanks!

Message 195 of 303
Theobuck
Apprentice

I suggest contacting Netgear support. Or the moderators here may be to help others. I am not sure about sharing here. (sorry that sounds selfish) I would be suspicious if someone here shared a file that could be malicious.
Message 196 of 303

Can confirm we have been asked to not share the firmware link. Please reach out to the mods listed in this thread.

I’ve had it installed for 3 days now and it’s been back to the stability and dependability that I loved about this set up.
Message 197 of 303
SpeedPro_03
Tutor

Ok, who do I have to email to get the FW link? Or how can I send a message to some Netgear technician and ask for it?

Thanks

Message 198 of 303
Theobuck
Apprentice

Question: One of the troubleshooting steps NG support had me under Advanced>Internet>Domain Name Server (DNS) Adress change the setting from: default (get Automatic from ISP) to Primary (8.8.8.8) Secondary (4.2.2.2). Should I keep that setting? Or go back to default?
Message 199 of 303
FURRYe38
Guru

Try the configuration out for a bit. Then try reverting. 

@Theobuck wrote:
Question: One of the troubleshooting steps NG support had me under Advanced>Internet>Domain Name Server (DNS) Adress change the setting from: default (get Automatic from ISP) to Primary (8.8.8.8) Secondary (4.2.2.2). Should I keep that setting? Or go back to default?

Message 200 of 303
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7