Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBK750 Series - Firmware Update v4.6.3.7

FURRYe38
Guru

Check your PMs. 

@SpeedPro_03 wrote:

Ok, who do I have to email to get the FW link? Or how can I send a message to some Netgear technician and ask for it?

Thanks

Message 201 of 303
Spoongooner
Guide

Case #45054515

have open case with support.. still no 4.6.3.16 beta?

who do i have to pay off to get this working firmware?

spoongooner@hotmail.com    still waiting

Message 202 of 303
FURRYe38
Guru

Check your PMs. 

@Spoongooner wrote:

Case #45054515

have open case with support.. still no 4.6.3.16 beta?

who do i have to pay off to get this working firmware?

spoongooner@hotmail.com    still waiting

Message 203 of 303
TedsNotHere
Aspirant

@FURRYe38 wrote:

What happens if you turn OFF either RBS and use just 1 RBS? 

CTS values  to 2347 under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

What channels are you using on the RBR? 

@TedsNotHere wrote:

Hi @FURRYe38 here are the answers to your questions.

Modem: Motorola MB8611 (I own)

Internet Service provider: Comcast Cable (I get ~200MB download speed)

Home Sqr feet: 2800 sq ft two story 

Router wired to Satallite1 (not connected via Lan switch)  on opposite sides of house

Satallite2 is about 20-30 feet away from Satallite1 (on same side of house as Satallite1) 

I've rebooted via software reboot and physical unplugging power to reboot all router and satallites (yes waiting more than a 1 minute)

@FURRYe38 Here is what worked for me and steps:

• I unplugged Modem, Router & both Satallites 
  • Removed the wired backhaul (I think NG has a bug with wired backhaul)
  • powered up modem waited from full startup
  • then powered up Router waited until I can see router as connected in Orbi app
  • Powered up 1 Satallite and again waited for it to full connected and be online
  • Powered up 2 Satallite and again waited for it to full connected and be online

Once I completed these steps all the devices were able to connect and things seem to be back to normal.   I should be able to use a wired backhaul but in with this current FW it's buggy and I believe it was what was causing the issues for me at least.

Message 204 of 303
FURRYe38
Guru

Have you contacted NG support and asked about the beta being offered? 

Message 205 of 303
nathbenjsy77
Aspirant

Firmware Update v4.6.3.7 has been driving me mad for weeks.... Any idea how i can get hold of v4.6.3.16 beta?

Message 206 of 303
Jktw
Guide

I have had the same issues.  I was able to downgrade to RBR750 3.2.18.1.

When will NG resolve the issues with RBR750 4.6.3.7?

Message 207 of 303
Whichisnice
Aspirant

My 90 day support is over and when I called support about the new firmware, they told me that in order for them to send me the FW v.4.6.3.16, I would need to buy a support plan. I asked them why do I need to pay for support when their update broke my unit. The response was to send me instructions on how to update the firmwear, not to provide the beta.

Once they provide this new firmware publicly, I will never update it again. Talk about extortion.

Message 208 of 303
Jlhardwick
Star

After getting the beta firmware and installing per instructions, I can report that it did not do anything to correct my device connectivity problems.

I will be downgrading to V3 until Netgear can fix this major blunder.

Message 209 of 303
Akoi
Tutor

So I have the RBK753 combo unit from costco, in the last few months I noticed I cant download any updates from battle.net at all on my network (it works fine when I am plugged into the modem directly but if I download any updates from battle.net like for warzone mostly on 2 computers at once it crashes my modem and I have to manually reboot it to get it back up again)

I have one satalite with a wired backhaul and the 2nd one is wireless. 

We have a computer room where we play cod warzone on 7 computers and updating them one at a time is really getting old and we would love a fix for this.... happens at my friends too with his 2 computers if he updates the game... didnt happen until just recently...

What is going on here?

Message 210 of 303
jamacphoto
Apprentice

Same here. Saturday , after installing the beta firmware is RBS and then RBB was fine till right now and has same issue of suddenly dropping some devices and not reconnecting till dona reboot. For now at least the beta seems to be not as bad and improved speeds. Lol
The fun continues
Message 211 of 303

The fun continues indeed. 

I had the RBK50 which worked perfectly for 3 years. Then I upgraded to RBK753 which worked nicely for 1 year - until v.4.6.3.7 that is!

To have a perfectly working system break for months (and still broken) due to a forced update is a particularly bitter pill to swallow. I'm sorry Netgear..it may be time to say goodbye..forever...

Message 212 of 303
CovertOp007
Aspirant

Is this thing on?! Testing. @netgear, hello!?

Anyone having any luck getting the beta? Netgear admins should just be sending it out to people on here. This is absurd. Thank goodness for Costco's amazing return policy. Going to take it back. Costco should just drop the brand. Maybe try out the Linksys Wi-Fi 6 mesh system. 

Message 213 of 303
FURRYe38
Guru

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? 
I would power OFF the ISP modem for 1 minute. Factory reset the Orbi router and power it off. Power ON the ISP modem and let it sync. Then power ON the Orbi router and walk thru the setup wizard again using a wired PC and a web browser.

@Jlhardwick wrote:

After getting the beta firmware and installing per instructions, I can report that it did not do anything to correct my device connectivity problems.

Message 214 of 303
FURRYe38
Guru

I would power OFF the ISP modem for 1 minute. Factory reset the Orbi router and power it off. Power ON the ISP modem and let it sync. Then power ON the Orbi router and walk thru the setup wizard again using a wired PC and a web browser.

@Akoi wrote:

So I have the RBK753 combo unit from costco, in the last few months I noticed I cant download any updates from battle.net at all on my network (it works fine when I am plugged into the modem directly but if I download any updates from battle.net like for warzone mostly on 2 computers at once it crashes my modem and I have to manually reboot it to get it back up again)

I have one satalite with a wired backhaul and the 2nd one is wireless. 

We have a computer room where we play cod warzone on 7 computers and updating them one at a time is really getting old and we would love a fix for this.... happens at my friends too with his 2 computers if he updates the game... didnt happen until just recently...

What is going on here?

Message 215 of 303
FURRYe38
Guru

@jamacphoto wrote:
Same here. Saturday , after installing the beta firmware is RBS and then RBB was fine till right now and has same issue of suddenly dropping some devices and not reconnecting till dona reboot. For now at least the beta seems to be not as bad and improved speeds. Lol
The fun continues

Message 216 of 303
Jlhardwick
Star

@FURRYe38 wrote:

@Jlhardwick wrote:

Yes, factory reset was performed. I can see not difference in the behavior with the beta firmware. I'll be downgrading back to v3 later today. If Netgear can't get it together soon I'll have an Orbi system to sell soon and move on to a company that supports it's customers.

Message 217 of 303
FURRYe38
Guru

Something to contact NG about and let them know what your seen then.

@Jlhardwick wrote:

@FURRYe38 wrote:

@Jlhardwick wrote:

Yes, factory reset was performed. I can see not difference in the behavior with the beta firmware. I'll be downgrading back to v3 later today. If Netgear can't get it together soon I'll have an Orbi system to sell soon and move on to a company that supports it's customers.

Message 218 of 303
Akoi
Tutor

Can someone send me the beta firmware for this please? even my setup when in AP mode is running like crap and the wifi is dropping internet constantly.

Message 219 of 303
Theobuck
Apprentice

So after a few days on the updated version, my network seems better. Speeds are now normal for the service I have. My devices are more evenly spread out on my system (before, they were mostly on the RBR750). All and all, I think the updated FW fixed my issues. Also, I am sorry, but I don’t feel comfortable sharing the file NG support sent me. Please don’t message me privately. Reach out to FURRYe38 or one of the moderators instead.
Message 220 of 303
FURRYe38
Guru

Thank for sharing your experiences. Hopefully this will improve everyone elses experiences as well. 

@Theobuck wrote:
So after a few days on the updated version, my network seems better. Speeds are now normal for the service I have. My devices are more evenly spread out on my system (before, they were mostly on the RBR750). All and all, I think the updated FW fixed my issues. Also, I am sorry, but I don’t feel comfortable sharing the file NG support sent me. Please don’t message me privately. Reach out to FURRYe38 or one of the moderators instead.

Message 221 of 303
Timothy88
Luminary

I installed the Beta last Thursdsay and so far I have not seen any of the issues I was experiencing prior.  

Speeds are back to normal and the router has not gone offline and gone unresponsive.

Still tyring ot understand how the additon of parental controls made the units totally unstable.  According to the release notes there was not much to this release only 5 bulleted items.

Message 222 of 303
jamacphoto
Apprentice

And I can add. Added beta per instructions but did not do a factory reset.
The speeds have improved greatly, have noticed the load balancing has improved from before as before One satellite always had a lot more than the other. Now almost equally balanced.
Late Sunday night had my similar Issue were cell phone and 1/3 of wi-Fi devices go off-line and cannot reconnect to wifi. Did one reboot and all came back. Been fine since then will see how it progresses
Message 223 of 303
Jktw
Guide

It appears that NG released the beta to production last night.  When I checked this morning the router was updated to 4.6.3.16_2.0.51. I then reset the router and satellites.  As of now, things are working well.  Speeds are good and connectivity to all devices appears to be stable.   The reset of the router and satellites appears to be a key step with this update.

Message 224 of 303

Something in the code for DHCP was messing things up. Seems it had issues maintaining IP addresses for devices and satellites
Message 225 of 303
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7