Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK753 Wireless Printer issues

ClinicalYoda
Aspirant

RBK753 Wireless Printer issues

Just setup RBK753. Very curious issue. After a lot of trouble i was able to setup my HP 3050 wireless printer. The problem is, when the printer connects to router, it works just fine, but when i have the satellites powered on, and printer connects to the satellite, the printer does not print.

Printer shows connected in both situations, it gets IP address (192.168.1.3), buy when connected to satellite, i cannot ping it, when connected to router, i can ping it.

Any thoughts why this may be happening?

Message 1 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBK753 Wireless Printer issues

Please post about this over in the Orbi AX forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Thank you. 

Message 2 of 7
CrimpOn
Guru

@ClinicalYoda wrote:

Just setup RBK753. Very curious issue. After a lot of trouble i was able to setup my HP 3050 wireless printer. The problem is, when Printer shows connected in both situations, it gets IP address (192.168.1.3), but when connected to satellite, i cannot ping it, when connected to router, i can ping it.

If the IP address being "assigned" in the Advanced Tab, LAN Setup?

Message 3 of 7
Mikey94025
Hero

@ClinicalYoda wrote:

Printer shows connected in both situations, it gets IP address (192.168.1.3), buy when connected to satellite, i cannot ping it, when connected to router, i can ping it.

What is the IP address of the device you're trying to print from and what kind of device is it?  There should be seamless connectivity between devices on the Orbi network regardless of whether connected to the RBR or RBS.

Some customers have connectivity issues because they have some devices on the Orbi and others connected to the upstream ISP modem/router - They should switch all devices to the Orbi (wired and wireless).  Since you can print if the printer connects to the RBR then likely that is not the case for you.

How is your RBS networked to the RBR, i.e., is it wireless or wired?  If wired, is there a network switch inbetween (some switches, especially managed or green ones, cause connectivity problems).

Message 4 of 7
ClinicalYoda
Aspirant

@CrimpOn wrote:

@ClinicalYoda wrote:

Just setup RBK753. Very curious issue. After a lot of trouble i was able to setup my HP 3050 wireless printer. The problem is, when Printer shows connected in both situations, it gets IP address (192.168.1.3), but when connected to satellite, i cannot ping it, when connected to router, i can ping it.

If the IP address being "assigned" in the Advanced Tab, LAN Setup?

Yes it is...

Message 5 of 7
ClinicalYoda
Aspirant

@Mikey94025 wrote:

@ClinicalYoda wrote:

What is the IP address of the device you're trying to print from and what kind of device is it?  There should be seamless connectivity between devices on the Orbi network regardless of whether connected to the RBR or RBS.

Some customers have connectivity issues because they have some devices on the Orbi and others connected to the upstream ISP modem/router - They should switch all devices to the Orbi (wired and wireless).  Since you can print if the printer connects to the RBR then likely that is not the case for you.

How is your RBS networked to the RBR, i.e., is it wireless or wired?  If wired, is there a network switch inbetween (some switches, especially managed or green ones, cause connectivity problems).

The device IP i am trying to print from is 192.168.1.8, but i have the same problem printing and pinging from any of my devices.

I have verizon FIOS and RBR is connected to ONT. 

RBS is conected to RBR wireless.

Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements