Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK753 Wireless Printer issues

ClinicalYoda
Aspirant

RBK753 Wireless Printer issues

Just setup RBK753. Very curious issue. After a lot of trouble i was able to setup my HP 3050 wireless printer. The problem is, when the printer connects to router, it works just fine, but when i have the satellites powered on, and printer connects to the satellite, the printer does not print.

Printer shows connected in both situations, it gets IP address (192.168.1.3), buy when connected to satellite, i cannot ping it, when connected to router, i can ping it.

Any thoughts why this may be happening?

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBK753 Wireless Printer issues

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

IF you connect a PC to the RBS with the printer connected at the RBS, can the PC access the printer then? 

Message 2 of 4
ClinicalYoda
Aspirant

@FURRYe38 wrote:

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

IF you connect a PC to the RBS with the printer connected at the RBS, can the PC access the printer then? 

@FURRYe38 

The Firmware is latest V3.2.16.6 for both RBR and RBS

RBR and RBS distance is about 30 feet, signal is strong all over the home.

Even if i connect the PC to same RBS as Printer, still cannot ping the printer.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

I would connect it to the RBR for now.

I think you need to contact NG support for additional help and information regarding this. Seems to be a RBS issue with the printer.

@Blanca_O 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7