Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK852 vs RBK753

PhaniDingdong
Follower

RBK852 vs RBK753

I am currrently using Orbi RBS50 with one Sattelite and mine is a 3600 sqft home. Have around 30 devices connecting in which less 10 devices are wired. I have placed the Router inside my media rack upstairs and other sattelite under my tv stand ground floor.

I have dead spot infront on my house and also in the backyard. All through the home the connectivity is fine. I wanted to know does it worth to ugprade to WIFI6 and so should i got get the Costco model 3 devices RBK753 for 499$ or should spent another 400$ more for RBS852.

Few important pointers -

1. I have tons and tons of 4k video that i use to stream from my Drobo NAS via Sheild. These are wired connected. Usually not an issue in streaming them.

2. I have around 10+ smart home devices which i connect to WIFI

3. I downloaded lot of data from internet - very high usage.

4. Currently on ATT Gigapower plan.

So looking for suggestions.. 

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBK852 vs RBK753

You might try the 7 series to see if it works for you in your home and configuration. Then decide from there.

Media rack may not be good places for wifi routers. Metal cages can effect wifi signals. Out in the open or on a wooden shelf is preferred. 30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

Another point is Orbi AX supports 2.5Gb connection rates on the WAN port. So if you have a modem that has this same connection rate, then the pipe will be good for data flow. I get this with my CAX80 and RBR850. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7