Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBKE 963 (AXE11000) router ports not working

Ralyrt
Aspirant

RBKE 963 (AXE11000) router ports not working

Brought new set up well all works fine beside the ports on the router spent 7 hours on the phone over 2 days only to be told it must be faulty so returned it for new one and guess what exact something spend just under 2 hours on the phone which didn't solve much but told its going to level 2 tech now but i don't have any faith. Software is up to date 

So now with the new system the WIFI drops out and ports on router still won't connect, Live in nz on the Vodafone network. 

Has anyone else had this problem and how did they fix it?

Cheers 

Message 1 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBKE 963 (AXE11000) router ports not working

What ports are not working? 

And 2nd system is doing same thing? 

What are you connecting to the RBR? 

Does wireless work ok? 

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6A STP is recommended. 

@Blanca_O @KevinLiT 

Message 2 of 9
schumaku
Guru

Unlikely these ports don't work. Checked this? How do I set up my NETGEAR router if I have Vodafone NZ Fibre or UFB? 

Message 3 of 9
Ralyrt
Aspirant

Thank you all cables need to be CAT5E or CAT6 or higher so that's the problem for half to it and the TP link 24 port smart switch is the other so now on to tp link to see why 

Message 4 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Do wired devices work directly connected to the RBR with out any switch connected? 

What is the model# of the TP-Link switch? 

Message 5 of 9
Ralyrt
Aspirant

I connect a switch to the Orbi model TL-SG1024DE and all it says your connected to the network but not to the internet, this mesh system has proven to be some what difficult to set up for some reason 

Message 6 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Do wired devices work directly connected to the RBR with out any switch connected? 

@Ralyrt wrote:

I connect a switch to the Orbi model TL-SG1024DE and all it says your connected to the network but not to the internet, this mesh system has proven to be some what difficult to set up for some reason 

Message 7 of 9
Ralyrt
Aspirant

Hey yes they do currently have it directly plugged in. 

Do you think there is a setting in the router i need to alter?

Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Try a different switch. Seem some "Smart" or Managed switches not work well with Orbi systems. 

NG GS-105/108v4 and GS308v3, D-Link DGS-105/108 and HP ProCurve 1400/1800 series switches work for Orbi systems. XS505M and GS110MX work great with the 9 series.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7