Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBKE963 one lan port not working

Remyh
Aspirant

RBKE963 one lan port not working

Bought the RBKE963 to replace my Orbi 750, because I upgraded my internet to a 1G fibre and because I’m very satisfied with the Orbi routers. At least that’s what I expect, because I can’t afford food for this month anymore haha.

The ‘old’ router worked perfectly, also on the new 1G fibre. But the new router gave me a whole day of worries, on this sunny day in The Netherlands, which are very scarce here.

WiFi worked, but my LAN connected server and computers failed. But not completely. Loading was very buggy, but not 100% down. (2 mij waiting for a simple page).

This morning I switched the lan cable to the 3rd port instead of the 1st: bam! Internet. And switching back to the 1st gave the trouble again.

Before I return my router and ask for a new one; did anybody encounter the same problem? Or knows a solution?
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBKE963 one lan port not working

Which LAN port are you seeing the problem with? Is this the 1Gb port or the 2.5Gb port your connecting too? 

Do other ethernet connected devices have this problem as well? 

What CAT# lan cable are you using? CAT6 UTP is recommended for 1GB ports, CAT6A STP is recommended for the 2.5Gb port. 

Message 2 of 5
Remyh
Aspirant

Hi thx for the reply! 

I don't use the 2.5G, but one of the 1G lan ports (numbered 1 to 3 here), with cat 6 cable. (I also get 950 mbit speeds between lan devices and speedtest.net)

If I use nr 1 (it is connected to a managed switch and there spread to the other LAN devices), the problems arise and when using nr 3 no problems whatsoever: the correct speed and latencies etc. I checked the router if any blockages were initiated. But on the other hand: WiFi connections just worked. It was only for LAN-connected machines that browsing was not possible, on all of them (sometimes a page 'leaked' through this invisible wall, so 99% blocked. Very strange) And very peculiar: the only LAN device which worked was a Google Camera, that made me thinking it maybe was a port problem. 

I tried to revert to the previous firmware, (.5) but it didn't make any difference. Only changing the port on the Orbi.

Screenshot 2023-04-09 at 20.09.18.png

Message 3 of 5
Remyh
Aspirant

NB: I used the exact (where applicable) settings on the Orbi 753 and the same topology. It was just replaced by the 963.

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

And if you disconnect this managed switch from the RBR and connect directly to the port #1? 

What is the brand and model of this managed switch connected to port #1? 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7