Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR 750 Shuts Off

bsider
Aspirant

RBR 750 Shuts Off

My Orbi RBR 750 shuts off at a specific time each day.  Is there a setting with the Orbi that i need to shut off to keep the Orbi online.

Message 1 of 14

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR 750 Shuts Off

Glad you got it working. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

View solution in original post

Message 14 of 14

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What do you mean by shuts off? 

Orbi systems are ON and online all the time, 24/7. Unless you have a power issue or something else happening here. 

Is the back LED on the RBR ON or OFF when you see this? GREEN in back is operating normally. 

Any front LED indications? 

Try a different wall outlet or power strip? 

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6A STP is recommended. 
How many RBS are deployed? 
What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?

Message 2 of 14
bsider
Aspirant

In the Orbi Log I get the following about nightly and the Orbi disconnects. 

Internet disconnected] Thursday, Apr 11,2024 09:37:56
[DHCP IP: (192.168.1.13)] to MAC address CE:81:19:A5:12:F4

There orbi just shows offline.  There is not a power strip in play.

It happens about every 24 hours to the minute.

Message 3 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6A STP is recommended. 
How many RBS are deployed? 
What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?

Message 4 of 14
CrimpOn
Guru

There is not a user setting that determines when the Orbi is connected to the internet.  "Always" is the default.

It is typical for Internet Service Providers to assign the IP address lease to customer accounts for 86,400 seconds (one day).  The next time this happens, could you log into the Orbi, navigate to the "Internet" page and select the "Test" option at the top of the page:

CrimpOn_0-1712852334484.png

Message 5 of 14
bsider
Aspirant

Hardware VersionRBR750

Firmware VersionV4.6.14.3_2.3.12

Comcast: Modem PC 20 and ES 2251 are on the black box. Doesn't really show a model number

1 satelite

Message 6 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

So this shows that the RBR disconnected from the modem or the ISP modem disconnected from the RBR or the ISP modem stop providing services to the RBR. 

Is the front LED on the RBR turning ON PINK or Blinking WHITE when this happens? 

Those are cable modems and are always ON which the RBR defaults to ALWAYS ON. The RBR just depends on getting a good signal from the ISP modem.

Also your system is behind on FW as well:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WIFI-6-AX-AND-Wi-Fi-6E-AXE/New-RBR750-RBS750-Firmware-Version-...

Once the ISP signal and modem have been checked, might update the Orbi system.

@bsider wrote:

In the Orbi Log I get the following about nightly and the Orbi disconnects. 

Internet disconnected] Thursday, Apr 11,2024 09:37:56
[DHCP IP: (192.168.1.13)] to MAC address CE:81:19:A5:12:F4

There orbi just shows offline.  There is not a power strip in play.

It happens about every 24 hours to the minute.

Message 7 of 14
CrimpOn
Guru

I did not see mention of what action causes the router to function again.

Message 8 of 14
bsider
Aspirant

Unplug and restart
Message 9 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

@bsider wrote:

My Orbi RBR 750 shuts off at a specific time each day.  Is there a setting with the Orbi that i need to shut off to keep the Orbi online.

Message 10 of 14
bsider
Aspirant

Still trouble shooting. I had a couple days of no issues.  then yesterday 3 times.

Message 11 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

Is the front LED on the RBR turning ON PINK or Blinking WHITE when this happens? 

Those are cable modems and are always ON which the RBR defaults to ALWAYS ON. The RBR just depends on getting a good signal from the ISP modem.

Message 12 of 14
bsider
Aspirant

Upgrade cable to 6e and all issues went away.

Thanks you for the help.

Message 13 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

Message 14 of 14
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7