Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR-850 keeps restarting

Divay18
Aspirant

RBR-850 keeps restarting

Hi,
I bought the router about a year back. Everything was fine it didn't have any issues at all.
BUT since tomorrow, it's suddenly died on me. The main router just keeps blinking white light, gives a wifi signal for a few seconds (the white lights stops and it's no led for that few seconds 10-40secs) and then the router just restarts again. I have factory reset the device, checked the firmware v4.6.14.3_2.3.12 . I upgraded it to latest v7.2.6 also but the behaviour remains the same. Is it dead after just 1 yr?. What can be done now, please help
Message 1 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR-850 keeps restarting

Try a 30-30-30 reset on the RBR...

Message 2 of 7
Divay18
Aspirant

Thanks for the quick reply.

I tried the 30-30-30 reset. Router starts, I try set it up and within ~2 mins it starts resetting again.

Sequence as follows : - 

I do 30-30-30 reset --- router restarts after reset (white led blinking) ---- (white LED Stable) i connect to wifi via app(android) ---- setup via app ----- setup completes (LED is Off now after Solid White while setting up.[no BLUE LED came on!]) ----- Now wifi is connected on my phone, and suddenly within ~2 mins wifi drops and the router is again restarting with blinking white leds.

Nothing is connected to the RBR, I have disconnected the Satellite. Only thing connected to Router is the power cable and the ethernet cable from the ISP(PPPoE).

I tried with ethernet connected to laptop as well. it just gives me about 2 mins of internet after setup from factory reset and then it just keeps restarting 

Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Message 3 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

I guess contact NG support and ask about RMA options:

https://my.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx
https://www.netgear.com/about/contact-us/

Message 4 of 7
Divay18
Aspirant

DAMN!!

I called them

They are telling they'll get back to me within 48 hrs.

I had such high hopes from this setup, giving up after just 1 yr. 

Message 5 of 7
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Divay18

We have notified support to follow up on your case and they should be contacting you as soon as possible.

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 6 of 7
Divay18
Aspirant

Hi Blanca,
Thank you for your response.
I will update you once I'm contacted.
Or should call them myself again?
Message 7 of 7