Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR750 AX4200 losing connection to Netflix

Blem
Aspirant

RBR750 AX4200 losing connection to Netflix

I just got a new RBR750 AX4200 Router and 3 satellites. I have great speed throughout the house, but had Netflix lose connection twice last night with no clocking or warning. This didn’t happen before getting on this system at this particular TV.
Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
Blem
Aspirant

Re: RBR750 AX4200 losing connection to Netflix

I called my ISP and they confirmed that I should go bridge mode. I did and I played 3 Netflix shows on 3 TVS at the same time for a couple hours with no problems. I hope that stays that way. Thanks for all the help.

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 10

All Replies
plemans
Guru

What firmware version are you on? 

What modem/gateway are you using? 

How far apart are the router from the satellites? they need at least 30ft between them. 

When its dropping, do you notice if its connected to the 2.4ghz or 5ghz? 

2.4ghz is more sensitive to interference and half the time its horrible for streaming. The orbi might be learning which band/device to connect to. 

Message 2 of 10
Blem
Aspirant

I will check on these things when i get home from work. thank you very much. I am pretty much tech illiterate so tell me if i find that it is connected in the 2.4ghz mode, is there a way for me to make it go to 5 ghz mode or just wait for it to learn? thanks

Message 3 of 10
plemans
Guru

If its because its on the 2.4ghz, usually the orbi will learn what device needs to be on what band. It used to take a couple days whenever I reset my orbi for connections to settle down. But if the reason its connecting to 2.4ghz is because the tv is to far away, then it likely won't steer to the 5ghz. 

Message 4 of 10
Blem
Aspirant

the firmware version is V3.2.16.6. the modem is an Arris and Satelite 1is probably 25 feet upstairs above the router and 2 is at least 30 feet and 3 is at least another 30 feet. the TV is connected to satelite 1 on the 5 ghz setting.

Message 5 of 10
plemans
Guru

Which arris?

Message 6 of 10
Blem
Aspirant

TG3452
Message 7 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

You modem already has a built in router, This would be a double NAT (two router) condition which isn't recommended. https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT
https://kb.netgear.com/30187/How-to-fix-issues-with-Double-NAT
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge or modem only mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ/ExposedHost or IP Pass-Through for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router. https://kb.netgear.com/31218/How-do-I-configure-my-Orbi-router-to-act-as-an-access-point and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7LOcJ8GdDo&app=desktop 

I would try option #3 on the Orbi system as it's the easiest to configure. 

Message 8 of 10
Blem
Aspirant

I called my ISP and they confirmed that I should go bridge mode. I did and I played 3 Netflix shows on 3 TVS at the same time for a couple hours with no problems. I hope that stays that way. Thanks for all the help.
Message 9 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements