Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR750/RBS750

Newhook
Tutor

RBR750/RBS750

Please help! I bought an RBR750 with satellite RBS750. The router status is good but the satellite backhaul status is poor. I’ve tried wiring it directly into the router and moving it back downstairs, changed numerous settings and was on the phone with Netgear for hours. Any suggestions?
Thank you!
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: RBR750/RBS750

A couple things. 

1. I just mean to test the throughput of the satellite. Hardwire a pc/laptop into the satellite  and test its speed to see if the "poor" connection is actually a bad connection or if its just misdisplaying

2. Have you tried moving the satellite around? maybe it is indeed poor and something in the walls/floor is blocking the connection

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Are they both on the same firmwares? 

What version are they on? 

Have they tried factory reset and a re-sync?

Message 2 of 7
Newhook
Tutor

They are both the same firmware. V4.6.5.14_2.0.54
I will try factory reset and re-sync again…I’ve done it a few times but I guess it can’t hurt to try again.
Message 3 of 7
plemans
Guru

Is it impacting performance on the satellite? 

If you hardwire into the satellite, how does it perform?

Message 4 of 7
Newhook
Tutor

If I hardwire the satellite, backhaul status is good. As soon as I bring it downstairs, backhaul status is poor.
Message 5 of 7
plemans
Guru

A couple things. 

1. I just mean to test the throughput of the satellite. Hardwire a pc/laptop into the satellite  and test its speed to see if the "poor" connection is actually a bad connection or if its just misdisplaying

2. Have you tried moving the satellite around? maybe it is indeed poor and something in the walls/floor is blocking the connection

Message 6 of 7
Newhook
Tutor

I think we may have got it. I moved the satellite to a different room downstairs and so far so good…although it has done this before then defaulted back to poor. Fingers crossed!!! Thank you for your help!
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7