Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR750, iPhone and iPad will not stay connected. Switch to guest, all is good

jswhite69
Follower

RBR750, iPhone and iPad will not stay connected. Switch to guest, all is good

Hello, 

I have an Orbi RBR750 system (selected RBR50 above as I couldn't find the 750 option) with 2 satellites (RBS750).

About 1 month ago, I noticed my iPhone and iPad would not conntect automatically when unlocked.  Had to go to settings nearly 100% of the time.  Thought it was my devices.  Happened to notice at church that both connected flawlessly.  Came home, switched to my guest network and they both connect automatically...without fail. 

My question...what happened on my primary network (non-guest) on my Orbi and how do I fix this so my devices re-connect automatically. 

Thank you,

Scott

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR750, iPhone and iPad will not stay connected. Switch to guest, all is good

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What model iphones and pads do you have?

What iOS versions are being used on these devices?

Try setting CTS values to to 2347 under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings.

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)📡? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite📡

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Is Armor enabled? 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7