Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR750 with 2 RBS750 satellites

JDSeyCO
Follower

RBR750 with 2 RBS750 satellites

I have the AX4200 with V3.2.18.1 for firmware.  Is this the latest firmware?  Should I be on firmware 4.6.3.7?

I never receive update messages through email regarding updates to firmware.  What am I missing to keep me updated on the latest firmware.

Thanks for the help....  I was in IT for 35 years and Netgear is new to me since I was with Cisco all my professional career.  Jack

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR750 with 2 RBS750 satellites

You can be on v3 or you can upgrade to v4:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/New-RBK752-753-Firmware-Version-4-6-3-7-Released/m-p/211566...

All versions of FW prior to v4 do not have any parental controls. Something that was annouced Orbi AX would have in a future date and for the 7 series, arrrived in v4. Some users many not need parental controls so you may take this into account as well. 

It's up to you if you want to update or not. Seen information that users can't revert back to older versions of FW after v4 is applied, so were still looking into this. 

NG is kind of sporadic on FW update emails and not consistant. I recommend checking here in the forums for FW updates and user experiences and NG download support site as well for FW updates and information for gaining good information. 

Message 2 of 4
southpawdf16
Aspirant

I have an RBR 750 with 2 satellites. I am on the Orbi Admin page for the network, When I try to check for new firmware it is showing there is no new firmware available. My current firmware version is V4.6.3.16, and I know there is a new version available on the NetGear website (V4.6.3.7).  Why is it not showing the newer version when I click check? This has happened to me before, and I have had to manually update the firmware, even though they don't recommend it. See below image for reference. Thank you in advance!Netgear Firmware.JPG

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

If your current version is V4.6.3.16 then there is nothing newer then that. v16 just officially released today. This supersedes v7.

@southpawdf16 wrote:

I have an RBR 750 with 2 satellites. I am on the Orbi Admin page for the network, When I try to check for new firmware it is showing there is no new firmware available. My current firmware version is V4.6.3.16, and I know there is a new version available on the NetGear website (V4.6.3.7).  Why is it not showing the newer version when I click check? This has happened to me before, and I have had to manually update the firmware, even though they don't recommend it. See below image for reference. Thank you in advance!Netgear Firmware.JPG

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7