Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR760 can only connect to guest network

Bterry88
Aspirant

RBR760 can only connect to guest network

Hello. If there is a power outage or I want to reset the modem, at seemingly random times almost half of my devices won’t reconnect, and my phone/laptop will only connect to the guest network. I’ve done firmware updates, hard resets, and the problem just pops up randomly again. Any support is appreciated. Thank you.
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR760 can only connect to guest network

Be sure to disable any MAC Address randomizers on phones and pads while at home:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/NETGEAR-Mobile-Applications-and-Apple-Devices-FAQ/td-p/222...

Message 2 of 4
Bterry88
Aspirant

Hasn’t made a difference, annoyingly enough. Also having issues with 1 of my rings cameras and smart some identical light switches.

I can’t even get on the web page to change security settings as I’ve seen suggested elsewhere.
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6 is recommended. 

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR📡 and RBS🛰️ to begin with depending upon building materials when wired or wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite ‌‌🛰

Does this happen with the RBS turned OFF? 
Does this happen with both wireless and wired devices? 
What channel configurations are currently set on the router?  

Try disabling the following and see:
Armor, Smart Parental Controls or Circle, Traffic Meter.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7