Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR850 -- 192.168.1.1 on my PC now brings me only to app suggestions!

awolfTX
Tutor

RBR850 -- 192.168.1.1 on my PC now brings me only to app suggestions!

I've had an Orbi system for a few years. RBR850. Never any problem changing router settings.
Recently I had some mystery issue where had to reboot cable modem, Orbi, etc. That fixed internet access.
But I wanted to change DNS...
192.168.1.1 on my PC now only brings me to "For the fastest set up, download the Orbi app from Orbi-App.com"
(Same with orbilogin.net)
Huh?
I can't get to router settings since the reboots.
(Tried different browsers, clearing cache.)
On my phone app, I can see, but not change DNS settings.
Thanks for any help.

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: RBR850 -- 192.168.1.1 on my PC now brings me only to app suggestions!

Glad you got it working!

If you mark it solved, it keeps others from trying to continue to fix the issue for you 😉

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7

All Replies
plemans
Guru

usually if you scroll down, theres a link at the bottom "i don't have a smart phone". 

Message 2 of 7
CrimpOn
Guru

Yes, I find this annoying.  This web page came up because a web browser was used to access the router. Whether the customer has/does not have a smartphone is irrelevant.  I would much prefer wording "I do not have a smartphone or prefer to configure the system using a web browser."  Or, perhaps, "Netgear also offers a smartphone app to make basic configuration of the Orbi system (but no Advanced Settings). Click here to continue to router configuration using the web browser."

Message 3 of 7
awolfTX
Tutor

I did see the thing at bottom "I don't have a smartphone" but when I clicked on that I got some sort of apparently semi-useful message, but still no opportunity to get directly to router settings.

Ultimately, all is well.
Factory reset. 

Fortunately, I didn't have any custom settings (e.g., reserved addresses) so I was up and running with my satellites in a minute or three.

Thanks!

Message 4 of 7
plemans
Guru

Glad you got it working!

If you mark it solved, it keeps others from trying to continue to fix the issue for you 😉

Message 5 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System

For future FR needs: Manual Factory Reset Process 

@awolfTX wrote:

I did see the thing at bottom "I don't have a smartphone" but when I clicked on that I got some sort of apparently semi-useful message, but still no opportunity to get directly to router settings.

Ultimately, all is well.
Factory reset. 

Fortunately, I didn't have any custom settings (e.g., reserved addresses) so I was up and running with my satellites in a minute or three.

Thanks!

Message 6 of 7
awolfTX
Tutor

Saving configuration...

Thanks for this. Just did it.

Alan

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7