Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR850 IGMP Proxying V2

AwesomeQA
Apprentice

RBR850 IGMP Proxying V2

I bought RBK852 but I lost watching my IPTV, since my provider is using IGMP Proxying V2.

Could you please add the option to choose IGMP Proxying v2 and v3 ..etc? since Auto doesn't work.

Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR850 IGMP Proxying V2

Please make contact with NG support if yoru having problems with IGMP protocols. 

@Blanca_O 

Message 2 of 8
AwesomeQA
Apprentice

Hello,

I did that, they keep sending me something not related to the missing option.

RBR50 has option for IGMP v2, and RBR850 doesn't have it.

You have both routers and you can see that yourself.

Here is their response.

Case #: 43140414

Please access the orbilogin.net
If prompted for the username and password:
• Username: admin (All in lower case)
• Password: If you are using the and Orbi App use the Orbi App password to log in since it has the same password.
If no, try to use the default password which is the password (All in lower case). If you create your own password, use your own password

If you have successfully login, the BASIC TAB page will display.
• Select ADVANCED > Setup > WAN Setup
• The WAN Setup page displays

View or change the following settings:
• Disable Port Scan and DoS Protection. DoS protection protects your LAN against denial of service attacks such as Syn flood, Smurf Attack, Ping of Death, and many others. Select this checkbox only in special circumstances.
• Default DMZ Server. This feature is sometimes helpful when you are playing online games or videoconferencing, but it makes the firewall security less effective.
• Respond to Ping on Internet Port. This feature allows your router to be discovered. Use this feature only as a diagnostic tool or if you have a specific reason.
• Disable IGMP Proxying. IGMP proxying allows a computer on the local area network (LAN) to receive the multicast traffic it is interested in from the Internet.

If you do not need this feature, select this checkbox to disable it.
• MTU Size (in bytes). The normal MTU (maximum transmit unit) value for most Ethernet networks is 1500 bytes or 1492 bytes for PPPoE connections. Change the MTU only if you are sure that it is necessary for your ISP connection.
• NAT Filtering. Network Address Translation (NAT) determines how the router processes inbound traffic. Secured NAT protects computers on the LAN from attacks from the Internet, but might prevent some Internet games, point-to-point

Orbi Whole Home Tri-Band Mesh WiFi 6 System applications, or multimedia applications from working. Open NAT provides a much less secured firewall but allows almost all Internet applications to work.
• Disable SIP ALG. The application-level gateway (ALG) for the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) is enabled by default for enhanced address and port translation. However, some types of VoIP and video traffic might not work well when the SIP ALG is enabled. For this reason, the router provides the option to disable the SIP ALG.

6. Click the Apply button.
Your settings are saved.

Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Something NG will have to look into. It's possible they may have set IGMP to work automatically now as well. Just a thought. 

Good Luck. 

Message 4 of 8
AwesomeQA
Apprentice

NG support asked me to use the intial RBR850 support.

Hello, Good Day! I understand your concern and with regard to your

concern, we may need to use the RBR850 / RBS850 Firmware

Version 3.1.5.23.

This firmware helps with the IPTV issue. Here are the New Features and Enhancements: • Remove unsupported legacy Parental Control Bug Fixes:

- Fixes connectivity issues - Fixes an issue where the WiFi

2.4 GHz HT20/40 coexistence does not take effect

- Fixes an issue where onboarding a wireless client via WPS fails

- Fixes an issue where the guest network is enabled even though the function is disabled - Fixes an issue where the WAN fails to lease an IPv6 address when ISP supports both DHCPv6 and DHCPv4 at same time - Fixes an issue where the Block Sites and Block Services settings does not take effect - Fixes an issue where the VLAN/IPTV setting does not take effect - Fixes an issue where the DHCP fixed IP reservation does not take effect - Fixes the incorrect satellite icon that displays on the Attached Device page Download Link:. • RBR850 - http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RBK852/RBR850-V3.1.5.23_1.0.46.zip • RBS850 - http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RBK852/RBS850-V3.1.5.23_1.0.46.zip Firmware Update Instructions: To update your product’s firmware, follow the instructions in your product’s user manual. To find your user manual, visit https://www.netgear.com/support/, enter your model number in the search box, and click the Documentation button on the product page. Please let me know if that works or if there is anything else that I can assist you with. I'll look forward to your response. Sincerely, Cha Netgear Support Expert

This doesn't make sense to me.

Do you think RBR850 Intial firmare had IGMP v2 support?

Screen Shot 2020-08-07 at 10.39.41 AM.png

Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Something to load up and see if it's present, if not, just revert back to v32. 

Message 6 of 8
AwesomeQA
Apprentice

I downgrarded to to intial firmware per NP support.

There is no option for IGMP v2, and my IPTV still broken!.

Screen Shot 2020-08-08 at 1.10.55 PM.png

Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Revert back to v32. Report your findings to NG thru your case#.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7