Reply

RBR850 - Major issues with packet loss

tigerisak
Guide

RBR850 - Major issues with packet loss

Hi. Im having major issues with what I believe is packet loss. When trying to WFH now in Corona-times I discovered that my brand new Orbi isnt super stable when using - Aircall, Zoom or FaceTime. It disconnects after maybe 8-10 minutes of the call and is trying to reconnect again. Ive sent the log files to the Netgear team but so far no luck.

 

Also have the same issues when trying to watch IPTV through my SmartTV or Apple TV. Runs perfect for 10 minutes and then stops.

Everything is hard-wired.

 

Ive done a traceroute and ping test from my ISP provider to rule out the ISPs modem.

 

Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 21
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR850 - Major issues with packet loss

Downgrade to v3.2.9.2 then let the system get pushed to v10.11...Factory reset then set up from scratch. 

 

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

My Setup ISP SparkLight | Internet Cable 1000↓/50↑ CAX80 Modem Mode |  Wifi Router MK83+ (Router Mode) | and RBK853 (Router Mode) | Switches NG GS105/8, GS308v3, GS110MX and XS505M | Additional NG HW: C7800/CAX80/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi: CBK40, CBK752, RBK50, RBK853, RBK752, RBK953, SXK30 | NightHawk: MK63, MR6150, R7000, R7800, R7960P, R8000, R8500, R9000, RAXE500, RAX50, XR450, XR1000, EX7500/EX7700

Message 2 of 21
tigerisak
Guide

Re: RBR850 - Major issues with packet loss

Tried to downgrade. Got "Firmware upgrade failed. Please check your file."

The ISP router which is in bridge mode is an Sagemcom F@st 3890.

Message 3 of 21
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR850 - Major issues with packet loss

And you did unpack the .zip file correct? 

What browser are you using? Try IE11 or Firefox or Opera...

My Setup ISP SparkLight | Internet Cable 1000↓/50↑ CAX80 Modem Mode |  Wifi Router MK83+ (Router Mode) | and RBK853 (Router Mode) | Switches NG GS105/8, GS308v3, GS110MX and XS505M | Additional NG HW: C7800/CAX80/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi: CBK40, CBK752, RBK50, RBK853, RBK752, RBK953, SXK30 | NightHawk: MK63, MR6150, R7000, R7800, R7960P, R8000, R8500, R9000, RAXE500, RAX50, XR450, XR1000, EX7500/EX7700

Message 4 of 21
tigerisak
Guide

Re: RBR850 - Major issues with packet loss

A rookie mistake. Didnt unzip it first. Sorry for that. I will try to run the services after I downgraded and get back.

Message 5 of 21
cengo
Aspirant

Re: RBR850 - Major issues with packet loss

Same issue here. I am experiencing it since one or maybe 2 weeks, It worked before and I didn't change any network configuration.

During a support call with Netgear, I was advised to disable UPnP and to wait for a new firmware update.

 

After an hour or two (after the support call), I was sure that disabling the UPnP doesn't solve the problem and today I downgraded the firmware to V3.9.2_1.2.4. I am testing it right now.

 

I don't know if the firmware was / will be updated automatically, I don't have an option to enable/disable automatic firmware updates. (How can this be???)

 

I did did the downgrade of the main router (with 2 satelites) 15 minutes ago and I had no dropout since than, but I will feel secure only after another 10 or 15 mintues.

 

I am hoping, that the firmware will not be updated automatically again.

Message 6 of 21
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR850 - Major issues with packet loss

Sounds good. Let us know. 


@tigerisak wrote:

A rookie mistake. Didnt unzip it first. Sorry for that. I will try to run the services after I downgraded and get back.


 

My Setup ISP SparkLight | Internet Cable 1000↓/50↑ CAX80 Modem Mode |  Wifi Router MK83+ (Router Mode) | and RBK853 (Router Mode) | Switches NG GS105/8, GS308v3, GS110MX and XS505M | Additional NG HW: C7800/CAX80/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi: CBK40, CBK752, RBK50, RBK853, RBK752, RBK953, SXK30 | NightHawk: MK63, MR6150, R7000, R7800, R7960P, R8000, R8500, R9000, RAXE500, RAX50, XR450, XR1000, EX7500/EX7700

Message 7 of 21
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR850 - Major issues with packet loss

If your system is at v3.2.9.2 then it should re-updated to v10.11. I would recommend after this happens on the RBS and RBR is to factory reset the RBS and RBR and then setup from scratch...


@cengo wrote:

Same issue here. I am experiencing it since one or maybe 2 weeks, It worked before and I didn't change any network configuration.

During a support call with Netgear, I was advised to disable UPnP and to wait for a new firmware update.

 

After an hour or two (after the support call), I was sure that disabling the UPnP doesn't solve the problem and today I downgraded the firmware to V3.9.2_1.2.4. I am testing it right now.

 

I don't know if the firmware was / will be updated automatically, I don't have an option to enable/disable automatic firmware updates. (How can this be???)

 

I did did the downgrade of the main router (with 2 satelites) 15 minutes ago and I had no dropout since than, but I will feel secure only after another 10 or 15 mintues.

 

I am hoping, that the firmware will not be updated automatically again.


 

My Setup ISP SparkLight | Internet Cable 1000↓/50↑ CAX80 Modem Mode |  Wifi Router MK83+ (Router Mode) | and RBK853 (Router Mode) | Switches NG GS105/8, GS308v3, GS110MX and XS505M | Additional NG HW: C7800/CAX80/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi: CBK40, CBK752, RBK50, RBK853, RBK752, RBK953, SXK30 | NightHawk: MK63, MR6150, R7000, R7800, R7960P, R8000, R8500, R9000, RAXE500, RAX50, XR450, XR1000, EX7500/EX7700

Message 8 of 21
cengo
Aspirant

Re: RBR850 - Major issues with packet loss

You are right, the system was upgraded again last night.

 

I did already a factory reset before I downgraded the firmware version, but without success. Do you really think it could make sense now? Was it successful for you or is it only a suggestion? 

 

Message 9 of 21
DoctorA
Luminary

Re: RBR850 - Major issues with packet loss

Are you still experiencing problems? As of last night my problems are solved.

My I phone X Max and Gaming site disconnecting problems on wired PC desktop is solved since last night's automatic change.

I wish NG adds a simple click to stop further updates if people like me are happy with present configuration. Most electronic devices have that option. Are the other routers have the option? You can manually block the NG updating sites though.

ATT GigaPower Fiber-->ONT-->BGW-210 RGW in IP Passthrough mode-->RBR850
Wired Topology RBS50---RBR 850-->RBS850--> RBS50 Ethernet backhaul
Firmware Version V3.2.16.6_1.4.4 for RBS 50 V3.2.16.6_1.4.4Router mode
Message 10 of 21
cengo
Aspirant

Re: RBR850 - Major issues with packet loss

No, I am not experiencing the problem anymore. Unfortunately, I can't compare the firmware versions: was there a new one (V3.2.10.11_1.2.12) distributed last night?

 

I hope that this status is stable now. I would say EVERY software has to have an option, to avoid automatic processes like this one. There are other "common" options missing for the RBR850, so maybe, they will arrive with future updates. But hey, are we the testers? I am not amused. This incident cost me a lot of time and trouble.

 

Message 11 of 21
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR850 - Major issues with packet loss

There were no changes to v10.11 FW. The changes were made to NGs cloud servers which apparentlly NG Orbi AX FW interacts with. v10.11 was removed temporarily from the auto update servers so NG and those effected could troubleshoot the problem. NG found the from to be on there side with there cloud systems. They corrected the problem there only. NG put v10.11 back on the auto update servers and ask everyone to have there systems check for the FW if they were already at v3.1 or v3.2.9.2.

 

Most all users since 3/19 have been reporting that there systems are working again on v10.11. This issue is fixed now. 


@cengo wrote:

No, I am not experiencing the problem anymore. Unfortunately, I can't compare the firmware versions: was there a new one (V3.2.10.11_1.2.12) distributed last night?

 

I hope that this status is stable now. I would say EVERY software has to have an option, to avoid automatic processes like this one. There are other "common" options missing for the RBR850, so maybe, they will arrive with future updates. But hey, are we the testers? I am not amused. This incident cost me a lot of time and trouble.

 


 

My Setup ISP SparkLight | Internet Cable 1000↓/50↑ CAX80 Modem Mode |  Wifi Router MK83+ (Router Mode) | and RBK853 (Router Mode) | Switches NG GS105/8, GS308v3, GS110MX and XS505M | Additional NG HW: C7800/CAX80/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi: CBK40, CBK752, RBK50, RBK853, RBK752, RBK953, SXK30 | NightHawk: MK63, MR6150, R7000, R7800, R7960P, R8000, R8500, R9000, RAXE500, RAX50, XR450, XR1000, EX7500/EX7700

Message 12 of 21
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR850 - Major issues with packet loss

Any progress ont this? 

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

A reset and setup from scratch should be helpful. 

 

You shouldn't be seeing any issues related to v10.11 version since NG fixed items that were not working on there cloud servers.


@tigerisak wrote:

Hi. Im having major issues with what I believe is packet loss. When trying to WFH now in Corona-times I discovered that my brand new Orbi isnt super stable when using - Aircall, Zoom or FaceTime. It disconnects after maybe 8-10 minutes of the call and is trying to reconnect again. Ive sent the log files to the Netgear team but so far no luck.

 

Also have the same issues when trying to watch IPTV through my SmartTV or Apple TV. Runs perfect for 10 minutes and then stops.

Everything is hard-wired.

 

Ive done a traceroute and ping test from my ISP provider to rule out the ISPs modem.

 

Any suggestions?


 

My Setup ISP SparkLight | Internet Cable 1000↓/50↑ CAX80 Modem Mode |  Wifi Router MK83+ (Router Mode) | and RBK853 (Router Mode) | Switches NG GS105/8, GS308v3, GS110MX and XS505M | Additional NG HW: C7800/CAX80/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi: CBK40, CBK752, RBK50, RBK853, RBK752, RBK953, SXK30 | NightHawk: MK63, MR6150, R7000, R7800, R7960P, R8000, R8500, R9000, RAXE500, RAX50, XR450, XR1000, EX7500/EX7700

Message 13 of 21
cengo
Aspirant

Re: RBR850 - Major issues with packet loss

Thank you for your explanation!

Good to know some background information 🙂

 

 

Message 14 of 21
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR850 - Major issues with packet loss

Whats the status here @tigerisak ?


@tigerisak wrote:

Hi. Im having major issues with what I believe is packet loss. When trying to WFH now in Corona-times I discovered that my brand new Orbi isnt super stable when using - Aircall, Zoom or FaceTime. It disconnects after maybe 8-10 minutes of the call and is trying to reconnect again. Ive sent the log files to the Netgear team but so far no luck.

 

Also have the same issues when trying to watch IPTV through my SmartTV or Apple TV. Runs perfect for 10 minutes and then stops.

Everything is hard-wired.

 

Ive done a traceroute and ping test from my ISP provider to rule out the ISPs modem.

 

Any suggestions?


 

My Setup ISP SparkLight | Internet Cable 1000↓/50↑ CAX80 Modem Mode |  Wifi Router MK83+ (Router Mode) | and RBK853 (Router Mode) | Switches NG GS105/8, GS308v3, GS110MX and XS505M | Additional NG HW: C7800/CAX80/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi: CBK40, CBK752, RBK50, RBK853, RBK752, RBK953, SXK30 | NightHawk: MK63, MR6150, R7000, R7800, R7960P, R8000, R8500, R9000, RAXE500, RAX50, XR450, XR1000, EX7500/EX7700

Message 15 of 21
tigerisak
Guide

Re: RBR850 - Major issues with packet loss

Still having these issues.

 

This is me trying to traceroute and ping Googlegoogle.dk.png

Message 16 of 21
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR850 - Major issues with packet loss

What are your results with a wired PC connected directly to the ISP modem? 

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?


@tigerisak wrote:

Still having these issues.

 

This is me trying to traceroute and ping Googlegoogle.dk.png


 

My Setup ISP SparkLight | Internet Cable 1000↓/50↑ CAX80 Modem Mode |  Wifi Router MK83+ (Router Mode) | and RBK853 (Router Mode) | Switches NG GS105/8, GS308v3, GS110MX and XS505M | Additional NG HW: C7800/CAX80/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi: CBK40, CBK752, RBK50, RBK853, RBK752, RBK953, SXK30 | NightHawk: MK63, MR6150, R7000, R7800, R7960P, R8000, R8500, R9000, RAXE500, RAX50, XR450, XR1000, EX7500/EX7700

Message 17 of 21
tigerisak
Guide

Re: RBR850 - Major issues with packet loss

My ISP model is Sagencom Fast V3. ISP is TDC (Hiper) based in Denmark.

Message 18 of 21
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR850 - Major issues with packet loss

Most Sagecom modems are gateways with built in routers. What mode is yours in?: Router or bridged? 


@tigerisak wrote:

My ISP model is Sagencom Fast V3. ISP is TDC (Hiper) based in Denmark.


 

My Setup ISP SparkLight | Internet Cable 1000↓/50↑ CAX80 Modem Mode |  Wifi Router MK83+ (Router Mode) | and RBK853 (Router Mode) | Switches NG GS105/8, GS308v3, GS110MX and XS505M | Additional NG HW: C7800/CAX80/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi: CBK40, CBK752, RBK50, RBK853, RBK752, RBK953, SXK30 | NightHawk: MK63, MR6150, R7000, R7800, R7960P, R8000, R8500, R9000, RAXE500, RAX50, XR450, XR1000, EX7500/EX7700

Message 19 of 21
tigerisak
Guide

Re: RBR850 - Major issues with packet loss

It’s in bridge mode. When I tried to wire my computer directly into the Sagencom and then using router mode I didn’t get any errors at all.
Message 20 of 21
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR850 - Major issues with packet loss

Change the modem back to router mode and configure the Orbi AX for AP mode on the RBR. 


@tigerisak wrote:
It’s in bridge mode. When I tried to wire my computer directly into the Sagencom and then using router mode I didn’t get any errors at all.

 

My Setup ISP SparkLight | Internet Cable 1000↓/50↑ CAX80 Modem Mode |  Wifi Router MK83+ (Router Mode) | and RBK853 (Router Mode) | Switches NG GS105/8, GS308v3, GS110MX and XS505M | Additional NG HW: C7800/CAX80/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi: CBK40, CBK752, RBK50, RBK853, RBK752, RBK953, SXK30 | NightHawk: MK63, MR6150, R7000, R7800, R7960P, R8000, R8500, R9000, RAXE500, RAX50, XR450, XR1000, EX7500/EX7700

Message 21 of 21
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 20 replies
  • 2348 views
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E