Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR850/RBS850 LAN connections not visible

PneuMol74
Aspirant

RBR850/RBS850 LAN connections not visible

Hi experts,

I implemented an Orbi network some months ago which contains a #RBR850 and 2 satellites (one #RBS850 and one #RBS750). Now I had to change some of their locations within our house to get a better network coverage and connected 2 devices (a HUE bridge and a smart home bridge) to the LAN ports of the R

Of course they got an IP from the RBR850 (who acts as the DHCP server) and they can be reached via ping request, but they are not visible in the network overview. Neither in the overview of connected devices of the router (RBR850) nor in the satellite overview of connected/wired devices (see picture).

This leads to the fact that all connected Hue and smart home devices (bulbs, switches, smart plugs etc.) are not visible/reachable within this network.

Firmware updates, restart, reset and new configuration already checked, but no effect.

Any ideas?

Thank you and have a great rest of the week.

PneuMol

Message 1 of 12
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: RBR850/RBS850 LAN connections not visible

It would be really helpful to see a screen shot of the Orbi web browser interface Attached Devices screen showing which IP addresses are assigned to those two hubs.

Message 2 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure to edit out any MAC address or serial numbers from pictures before posting for security reasons.

Message 3 of 12
PneuMol74
Aspirant

@CrimpOnThank you for your quick reply. That's exactly one of the issues. Both devices are not shown in the list of connected devices, neither at the router nor at the satellite. Hue bridge is x.x.1.25 and smart home hub is x.x.1.27. Please see the list of connected devices in the RBR interface (numerical order) attached where you'll see that exactly these addresses are not shown.

I will also add a screenshot from the satellite web interface (RBSx50) where both device are connected via LAN interface, but not shown in the list. Really strange...

I hope that gives a better understanding of my current challenges.

Thank you.

Message 4 of 12
PneuMol74
Aspirant

Now the screenshot from the satellites' interface...

Message 5 of 12
CrimpOn
Guru

"What a revolting development this is!" (Laurel and Hardy)

Not happy to see a device on the satellite list with no IP or MAC address. - - and 'Wired' connection!

The original post mentioned moving units around. Were the Hue hub and Apple Smart Home hub connected and working before equipment was relocated?

Message 6 of 12
PneuMol74
Aspirant

😉 Before relocating these devices were connected to the RBR router via direct LAN connection. After checking all details in the user manual it should be no difference between connecting devices to the router or satellite, but unfortunately not as expected.

Any other idea?

Thank you!

Message 7 of 12
CrimpOn
Guru

I agree entirely.  Which Orbi unit a device is wired to should make no difference.  This does lead to the "next step". i.e. connect them back to the router and see what happens.

Message 8 of 12
PneuMol74
Aspirant

Thank you for this idea, but this will not be possible as the entire equipment and cabling is installed now and the effort for removing/reconnecting these hubs just for testing purposes will be too much.

Therefore I'll leave it like it is and have to accept the current situation which is not perfect, but ok. Maybe it will be fixed with an upcoming firmware update... Hopefully.

Thank you for your help and have a great rest of the year! 👍👍👍

Message 9 of 12
CrimpOn
Guru

I thought the Hue hub just has two physical connections: ethernet and power. It cannot be moved?
Message 10 of 12
PneuMol74
Aspirant

You're right, it's just these 2 connections. The challenge is not the connection, it's the physical installation behind the closet with fixed cabling. And trust me the effort would be huge... 😉

Message 11 of 12
iyang
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @PneuMol74 ,

What brand/model of Hue bridge and smart home hub ?

Thanks.

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7