Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR850 - Satellites will not appear in web interface

Retired_Member
Not applicable

RBR850 - Satellites will not appear in web interface

I've had these set up for a while in Router mode. Satellites worked flawlessly. 

I moved them to a hardwired back channel. Still worked flawlessly.

But when I flipped them to AP mode they all three operate independently.

The web page for the router says it sees them but when I look at connected devices they're not there. 

I can connect to the satellites and they are up and functional just fine...connections and everything.

I did a resynch of the satellite to the router. Worked fine...blue light and all.

Still not showing in the web interface.

Also...nothing is showing up on the app.

Any thoughts or should I just factory reset and start all over?

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
Mikey94025
Hero

Re: RBR850 - Satellites will not appear in web interface

@Retired_Member wrote:

I have all three (router and both satellites) plugged into a switch and the switch plugged into the LAN side of a modem. 

Are you saying the satellites need to connect to the router and the router then connects to the LAN side of the modem?

Also see: https://kb.netgear.com/000051205/What-is-Ethernet-backhaul-and-how-do-I-set-it-up-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System?article=000051205

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 8

All Replies
plemans
Guru

how do you have everything wired. 

In ap mode it should go

router (primary)---->RBR wan port---->lan port on rbr---->switch---->satellites

Message 2 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I have all three (router and both satellites) plugged into a switch and the switch plugged into the LAN side of a modem. 

Are you saying the satellites need to connect to the router and the router then connects to the LAN side of the modem?

Message 3 of 8
plemans
Guru

the satellites need to come from the lan side of the router when connected with a wired backhaul. And the router in ap mode should have its internet coming into the wan port. 

So internet connection----router wan port---->lan ports-----switch/satellites. 

The satellites can be connected to the switch or the router. They just need the direct connection to the lan side

Message 4 of 8
Mikey94025
Hero

@Retired_Member wrote:

Also see: https://kb.netgear.com/000051205/What-is-Ethernet-backhaul-and-how-do-I-set-it-up-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System?article=000051205

Message 5 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I marked this as "the" solution because anyone with this issue should start here...but the others were the ones that helped me "understand" what this says.

It takes a village to build a network.

Thanks gents!

Message 6 of 8
plemans
Guru

Glad you got it resolved!

Let us know if you have other issues and we're happy to help

Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System

@Retired_Member wrote:

I marked this as "the" solution because anyone with this issue should start here...but the others were the ones that helped me "understand" what this says.

It takes a village to build a network.

Thanks gents!

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7